help with IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
well straight to prob in internet explorer may be 5
WELL my history isn't working it shows the file but while offline it even dont allows me to go to visted link while online
where is the prob
its shows pages
but when clicked says page cannot be found
how is that?
Saha

Try tis in internet explorer
Tools> internet options
Then delete ur cookies.
Aftr tat klik on settings in temp intenet files.
In settings hav an option tat say check for newer version of files see to it tat the option is either on Auto or every time i visit the page.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
from what I understand when you store the pages and work offline the page that is stored will come up as they are in your temporary Internet files. However when you click the links nothing will get displayed as in page not found cos you are not connected to the net and the temporary Internet Files does not store links contains in your history of pages.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
tools------internet options-------advanced

check here whether u have enabled the option ----empty temp.internet files folder on closing the internet explorer

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Well .. I didnt get it .. "maybe 5" means what ..?

Btw.. When you wanna see your cache .. Do this thing ..
Internet Explorer > File > Work Offline

Now open your history tab .. when you hover your mouse over the links , those sites which arent stored in your cache will have the mouse pointer changed ..

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well i also know it use to be

well i also think it use to be
but not happening now
ok though i find the files in temp
i could not find it in history working
an yway 5 means version 5 bat
an yway thanks
but no real help
saha

ice

In the zone
And u created the whole fuss about being a female geek.

gee, if dexter calls me and goes like, umm ice, my interrnet explorer version umm...umm.....yaar.....5 shaayad nahi chal raha."

Help> About Internet Explorer, the first line after that picture carries the version.

Geek!

PS. was it genius or geek

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well it be fixed first

well
bat thanks for advice
well thing is that i have been tired of hearing the security holes in IE 6 well patches and patches like in roads so no thanks to microsoft for now
an yway i am not going send inviatation to hackers to get in to my comp
an yway thanks for advice

the next fren just above ice what r u saying
why dont u waste so much valuable time in this kind of useless thing
may be know later
thanks
saha

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Hey.. when u installed IE did u install the Offline-Browsing pack which comes as a part? If u dint, u wont be able to browse offline.. Usually its installed, but its just an optional one.. i mean u can also install IE wihtout offline browsing pack..

ujjwal

Padawan
IE6 is more secure than 5 any security issues in 6 will also exist in 5. And it is not much more resource intensive than IE5. BTW files which are stored for offline viewing are generally bold when Work Offline is enabled, while the others have a lighter colour.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
ok no ie

well thing is not that
other opera navigator are secure than ie
the thing is hackers are targetting ie for bcoz of huge user so it easily gets in to news
even linux virus and hack came in news but dint got popularity bcoz how many people use linux here comparatavily
an yway thanks for answers
nice to bew informed
more over gmail donot work well with ie5 so i use navigator opera and so
thanks
saha

aadipa

Padawan
in opera u weste screen space for advts. if u are using shareware (unregistered version). Firefox will give u similar speed and multi tab features but its FREE.....

TRY IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom