Help with HDTVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hey dudes please tell me the best hdtv i can buy....under 1 .3 lakhs...sony,samsung,lg or panasonic..no lg please...

and giv reasons too fr ur choice..

plzz..its urgent

K

krazyfrog

Samsung would be your best bet. Good performance and not very expensive.

goobimama

 Macboy
I'd go with sony or panasonic...preferably sony. Good support and the best picture quality. Only a tad bit expensive though. What's the size you looking at?

nishanth_che

Broken In
The best HDTV that I have seen is the Panasonic Viera range of Plasma TVs,they are priced a bit on the higher side when compared to other brands but their picture quality is the best.

Sony's latest range of Bravia LCD tvs are really good,its almost up their with the Panasonic plasmas when it comes to picture quality.They have an excellent 40 inch Bravia LCD for a little over 1.3 K.

Untill recently Samsung made some better flat TVs than Sony,so make sure you check them out too and they are excellent value for money.Philips also has some good LCD TVs but they are priced a little higher.

LG TVs are excellent value for money but most of their models are not that good when compared to other brands.But they do have a couple of very good models.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Thanx dude..but ya...i hav chkd sum out all of them by sony and sumsung are HD ready..not HDTV...HDTVs strt at 1.8 lakhs with progressive(1080p) resolution...but hd readys are available in all prices....aacha hws the panasonic and philps ranga wen compared to smasung...bravia is cool but does not provide a good price to performance ratio....samsung looks good....seen panasonic and philips...after sales servic is poor...wat to do??

goobimama

 Macboy
1080p does not make much of a difference in screen sizes below 46 inches. Of course if you sit two feet away counting pixels the difference will be noticeable, but for 720p is more than enough for a 40 inch display.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ya thts fr sure.....but there a difference i the brightness and the clarity..neways..wat do u peaple suggest....i mean..SONY,SAMSUNG,PANA or PHILIPs,i m staying in kolkata...which would be my best bet for a 46 46 inch TV.....help me out yaar...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You missed the boat. During the world cup, Capital Electronics had a huge discount on a massive Samsung HD TV. The original price was about Rs. 1.2 lacs and they were giving it away for about seventy-six thousand bucks.

Sigh! I'm talking about the one on Ultadanga. Maybe they have it even now, go and check it out. :)

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i was just checking out the samsung range of LCDs....and they are cool..better looking than the bravias and much cheaper...aacha do u think an xbox 360 is worth it or shud i play games on the pc itself with a better graphics card...

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
dude looks like u have a lot of money :D...& an xbox 360 is definetly worth buyin if u have an awesome samsung hdtv :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom