Help with DVD Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think my LG DVD Writer got screwed up. Its 3yrs old.

The prblm I'm facing 4m 2day is I can't burn any CD/DVD. When I'm trying the Copy DVD option it makes the images smoothly but when starts writing it stops and 1% and gives diff types of error messages each time.

Like sumtimes the burning app get crashed with a msg "has encountered an error and needs to b closed"

sumtimes it shows "CD/DVD media is corrupted"

sumtimes it says sumthing like thr is some prblm with burning

1st I thought its becoz of the DVD/CD is not gud
But when it doesnt helped I thought may the thr is some prblm with OS as thr is too much process running @ taskmanager

So stopped less imp services 4m services.msc but it didn't helpd

Later I thought may b the app is doing prblm......I tried Nero 7, 8 and CDBurnerXP.

CDBurnerXP says thr is sum prblm in burning so it cudn't burn

Now I think my DVD Writer itself got screwed up.

So is thr ny sw or sumthing to test the DVD Writer??

Frndz plz help.....I sticked with ths 4 the whole day and lossed many DVD's and CD's trying to identify the prblm.

If u too think my DVD Writer is a kaput thn plz suggest a good DVD Writer on a low budget. I think @ rs 1200/- I can get a gud DVD Writer.

Wch one is good? LG, Samsung, Sony or Lite-On??

I belive in LG and Lite-On......

One of my friend said tat ASUS DVD Writer's r gr8....I dont think so...is it????

Plz help
Thnx in advance

Krow

Crowman
Connect DVD writer to any other PC and try burning. 3 years is a long time and IMO the DVD RW has gone kaput. I prefer LG/Samsung for 1k-1.2k

ssengupta

Broken In
LG/Samsung will be better since they have more service centers. Also opt for sata instead of ata if your mb permits.

Krow

Crowman
^Get LG/Samsung SATA DVD RW's. They perform well and Sony is not worth the premium. I don't think the model number matters, but still, i think it is GH22 or something like that.

royal

Padawan
Samsung used to be notorius for tray malfunction...hope that is a thing of past.

Anyone having any experience with ASUS DVD Writer? Their CD Writers were rock solid :)

Krow

Crowman
Many people say ASUS sata dvd writers are bad. Chk must not buy hardware thread. Its somewhere in there only. :)

OP
krishnandu.sarkar

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Dnt know about benq but I heard Line-on DVD Writers r gud....!!

But whole market is covered by LG DVD Writers...!!

royal

Padawan
BENQ...ahh this brings back memories :lol:

I stil own a DW1650 that has been serving me for the last 4 years...I have lost count of the number of burns. Heck, I have even used it as en external drive for quite some time...is there any BENQ model out there??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom