Help with .co.cc domain registration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aritrap

Mobile Addict
Yesterday when I tried to register a new domain with the free .co.cc service, it showed that my requested domain name was available. But for some strange reason, they also included a .cc.cc domain(which is not free. Costs 3$/yr).

So I am not able to get the free domain as I have to pay to register.

Can anybody here check and tell me if registering without the .cc.cc domain is possible or not?

adityastar

Right off the assembly line
I have registered a domain with Co.cc and it also registered a cc.cc domain of same name but it was free.

May be this happened to you because you might have registered for a premium name, try choosing a different name and it might help.

bye the way which hosting service r u going to use with it?

Aditya

OP
A

aritrap

Mobile Addict
@Adityastar You were absolutely right about it being a premium domain. I just selected another one and registered it for free. THANKS for your reply.

I will use it till end of May for a free wordpress hosting at blogetery.com. After May when my exams would be over I will get a free host.
I did have a free hosting account with byethost.com. But I had not read their fine print(there has to be atleast one admin login in 1 month and also some 10 visitors per month are required) and had thought that it was like 110mb.com(no conditions. But then very few freebies available). So that account was disabled. I will enable the account after May.

shaunak

Tux Fan
You will not be able to register with adsense with it though. Adsense needs a TLD up and running for 6 months.

Otherwise, its great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom