Help With Buying Graphics Card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Tell me, what game supports DX10.1 ? And if any game supports, there hardly will be any difference. Please refrain from posting for a little while and checkout some good knowledgable articles. You sure are a fanboy and it shows. HD3870 was slower than 8800GT and was still priced higher :|. Same goes with all cards. Only this time around they are winning but there rumors of GTX350 and GTX380. Lets wait and watch. I hope both companies come up with something new as I aint fanboy kinda person (I was though). In the end, its us who are gonna benifit.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^YA U said it right it is gonna be us who are going to get the benefit
and second thing currently i 'm using 8600gt 512mb bought it last year
now i think i'm dupped coz the performance u can see now-a-days its just the anger that it has comeup
why doesnt nvidia com up wit good cards like 8800gt ones (I KNOW NVIDIA IS PUMPING ALL THE FUNDS INTO DX11 ARCHITECTURE WHICH IS DUE IN 2010-11)
and i was talking bout last years war of dx10-dx10.1 (then was 9 series into the making)
and for ur kind info i usually refer anandtech,guru3d,techtree,neoseeker..etc for articles

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^The wrong one was you. Why in the first place did you buy a 512MB GDDr2 card when its 256MB GDDR3 brethren easily outperforms it. And dude, you seriously need some online reference. Atleast read reviews before blindly buying something.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^did u saw the prices at that time 2007-start 2008 256mb ddr3 card costs where too much up it was better to sacrifice some performance than to sacrifice scalability issues

By The Way Why Are We Fighting Let Nvidia-ati Do The Talking We Will Get The Fruits For Sure :)

Last edited:
OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ ya xp is by far the most compatible os present
And do u know when will xp be officially declared unsupported by MS??
there were rumors bout dx10 support for xp is true??????

toofan

Technomancer

MS has increased its support for xp till 2014. can you believe it?
By that time vista would be deep under his own grave.:D

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Actually we cannot trust MS I think speculation is right vista cannot cross sales with xp
then xp stands to be clear winner between VISTA and XP for now!!!!!!!
Will they add support for dx10 in xp ?????

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^ i'm too a vista user problem is though my vista is updated frequently whenever updates r given ,
it is too open for the intruder(got tonnes of viruses,adwares .etc on my system) apart having Defender and antivirus,anti-spammer this was problem wit xp way back in 2002-2003 but now atleast its more secure vista will become better wit updates but for now its not stable....

myhotdog

Journeyman
^^ i'm too a vista user problem is though my vista is updated frequently whenever updates r given ,
it is too open for the intruder(got tonnes of viruses,adwares .etc on my system) apart having Defender and antivirus,anti-spammer this was problem wit xp way back in 2002-2003 but now atleast its more secure vista will become better wit updates but for now its not stable....
I think you are tech guru but why you having such problems :(

toofan

Technomancer
Actually vista may survive but only if MS does something serious about it.
they are planning for windows 7 means vista would be lost and at the same time they are supporting XP so there is no hope left for Vista.
Inspite of developing Windows 7 they would have concentrated more on Vista. Vista has most of the things we need. It just need some software support.

OP
max_snyper

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
actually i had vista in 2007 due its unpredictive nature i switched back to xp
were u complemeting or pulling legs...
by the way i m not a techie but i read all sorts of aritcles related to comp. hardware.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^Tell me, what game supports DX10.1 ? And if any game supports, there hardly will be any difference. Please refrain from posting for a little while and checkout some good knowledgable articles. You sure are a fanboy and it shows. HD3870 was slower than 8800GT and was still priced higher :|. Same goes with all cards. Only this time around they are winning but there rumors of GTX350 and GTX380. Lets wait and watch. I hope both companies come up with something new as I aint fanboy kinda person (I was though). In the end, its us who are gonna benifit.
There's GTX280+(55nm) on the way, with huge clock speeds,
GTX280 on steroids;);)

Look here;
*support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-us&p1=3223&x=14&y=15

MS has increased its support for xp till 2014. can you believe it?
By that time vista would be deep under his own grave.:D
No, official support ends 2009, after that extended support till 2014, means no more updates or patches.

Better get ready to switch to vista, windows 7 is still a long way.

I have used vista(on XP now) and its extremely stable, definitly more stable than XP, apart from a lot of customizations and UAC problem its easier to navigate and has more eye candy.

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@tkin you did not bought the October/08 digit that's why you said so but friend you can borrow it and go through the Editorial Section.
I would have emailed that page to you but its illegal.:D(someone will be fried by this)

myhotdog

Journeyman
actually i had vista in 2007 due its unpredictive nature i switched back to xp
were u complemeting or pulling legs...
by the way i m not a techie but i read all sorts of aritcles related to comp. hardware.
I'm complementing you, I thought you are tech guru. But i hadn't know you are like me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom