Help With Avatar

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by TeChSaviE, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeChSaviE

TeChSaviE Guest

How do i set my avatar to a picture that i have in my pc i tried giving the address i.e like this C:\My Documents\pic1.jpg But it doesn't work can anyone help me please

2. anishcool

anishcool TE God

u can't set a local address for the avatar. you have to set a web address. i.e. first get hold of a free web host(try bravenet.com) then upload ur pic and set the address. if ur website is xyz.bravehost.com(this is the free domain u get with bravenet)then the address of ur pic will be xyz.bravehost.com/mypic.jpg. Best of Luck !
    Cheers !

3. technomodel

technomodel New Member

u can use pictures which float about in the big wide web. so upload your picture to some photo sharing site like www.photobucket.com and then give the link for that photo for ur avatar. but make sure the avatar is'nt huge :)

4. Kl@w-24

Kl@w-24 Slideshow Bob

U can upload th pic which is on ur computer to some image-hosting service like www.imageshack.us. After the upload is complete, th service will give u th link to th image, which u can paste in the 'Link to off-site avatar' section in th profile editing page. P.S. PLEASE HOST AN AVATAR NOT A WALLPAPER :)

5. OP
    OP
    TeChSaviE

TeChSaviE Guest

Thanx

WoW,
    There are a lot many helpers in here, Thanx Anish techno and klaw for ur help thanx to u soon i will have my avatar online

6. tuxfan

tuxfan New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.