Help....virus Folder.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmvinodkm

Broken In
Hai Friends,
I need an urgent solution for the following
My Computer infected with a Virus Which creates inside Shared Folders a foldername.exe file.

dare_devil

Broken In
dont know abt the virus but i hav a suggestion
arrange your icons by type and show them in group, so that you will not double click or open any virus having icon of folder:)

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Its brontok :D

41 Kb each chain reaction :D

Go to safe mode & remove using Spybot & Avast
(or any other Nt spware & Nt virus)

Just press F8 to when computer starts to go into safe mode)

Last edited:

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Ahh.. I remeber solving same problem a couple of months ago but couldn't find that thread now..
OK here is it again:-

1.) Download Latest Antivirus (Kaspersky-recommended)
2.)Install IT (It wont be a problem...)
3.) Turn Off System Restore Service by Going to System Properties/System Restore TAB.
4.) In Safe Mode.. Scan Your PC. Delete every infected file..(It can mess your system badly... so be prepared.)
5.) Boot in normal mode and scan again.
7.) I think problem will be solved, so come here and post that problem is solved. :D

OP
K

kmvinodkm

Broken In
I tried Kaspersky. But the problem is not solved yet.
Virus file size is 789kb (new folder.exe and regsvr.exe files are making in every folder).
Anybody got this virus before..
Please Help

zebanon

p@rkour
Virus file size is 789kb (new folder.exe and regsvr.exe files are making in every folder).
Please Help

do u know in which folder(.exe) ur virus is located???
can u see any .exe file in any of C folders...
use avast, it might work 4 u....

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Please Help
newfolder.exe is detected by kav ,u must update to latest virus definitions......or try this, upload that newfolder.exe file to this site *www.virustotal.com/ it will scan ur file with various av's n will give the result...download and install any of the av's that detects this virus.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Avast is the best
Just install it & click on yes when asked 4 boot time scanning

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Can you attach the folder.exe here. Just password protect it with WinRAR before uploading and do post the password. Lets see what it is made of....

urvan4ce

Right off the assembly line
hey why not remove it manually....
first see wether u can access msconfig and task manager......
if yes then let me know.......

OP
K

kmvinodkm

Broken In
newfolder.exe is detected by kav ,u must update to latest virus definitions......or try this, upload that newfolder.exe file to this site *www.virustotal.com/ it will scan ur file with various av's n will give the result...download and install any of the av's that detects this virus.

Thank u . Scanned with Virustotal and found the solution.
Using Norton Antivirus with latest updates problem rectified

piyushlabs

regsvr.exe (1.06 mb) is a new virus. people get confused with the "microsoft corparation" written is its description properties.
this virus keep complete track of action of the user, also takes a snapshot every 30 sec and saves them at c:recycled\WinLiveUpdate32\scrdata\

u may like to visit this site for complete details:
*piyushlabs.wordpress.com/regsvr/

thecancerus

I was affected by this virus few days back and i have posted an 'how to' article to remove this virus check it out at

*amiworks.co.in/talk/how-to-remove-new-folderexe-or-regsvrexr-or-autoruninf-virus/

or get a latest virus definition updates for your favorite antivirus and hope that it works

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom