Help!!! Urgent!!!! Internet Not Working!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I think we should find out if this problem is there with other Reliance BB users and either work a solution or make sure LUG users are aware of this problem. Awareness helps.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I think we should find out if this problem is there with other Reliance BB users and either work a solution or make sure LUG users are aware of this problem. Awareness helps.
Rightly said. Well, I asked dad to apply for VSNL/Tata Indicom (whichever way you know it). Actually they have all *NIX OSes in their support list. I called up the cust. care nd they said they support all *NIX. Also, they give 1 FREEEEEEEEE static IP with every postpaid connection. We have applied for 128 Kbps @ Rs 700 / mth (4 mths advance given to waive off installation+sec. depo.). They have laid the cable. Hope it starts soon and works well. :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually LUG Mangalore users are browsing this thread. Nothing more to add to what's been said. Only if you can login to your router and disable the IP expiry which is set for, maybe 2 hours in your case, it may solve your problem.

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Actually LUG Mangalore users are browsing this thread. Nothing more to add to what's been said. Only if you can login to your router and disable the IP expiry which is set for, maybe 2 hours in your case, it may solve your problem.
The Reliance connection doesn't work like BSNL. The router works on bridging connections ( 8 ). So we can't alter that. :)

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
There seems no solution to this problem. Even i'll have to switch my ISP then(mostly tata indicom).

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
There seems no solution to this problem. Even i'll have to switch my ISP then(mostly tata indicom).
Yeah true. Tata Indicom / VSNL gives Customer Care support for Linux too. The installation engineer who came said I have worked with Linux but since he installed very few connections on Linux, he forgot it. So, I asked all data from him and did it! He asked me to give him a copy of Fedora 8 DVD. :D

ChaiTan3

GTK+ programmer
*www.indiabroadband.net/reliance-broadband/3142-reliance-broadband-web-login-3.html
pk_rulz also has the same problem.
cruisecontrol suggested the following:
"If your Router allows you to set Vendor Class Identifier, set it to "MSFT 5.0" without quotes and also MAC ID from a PC Ethernet NIC. This way your DHCP client will tell Reliance DHCP server that it is a PC running XP.

A similar approach can be followed on linux boxes if you are using ISC dhclient with -V option or by setting in the conf file."
Any idea how to do it?

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
*www.indiabroadband.net/reliance-broadband/3142-reliance-broadband-web-login-3.html
pk_rulz also has the same problem.
cruisecontrol suggested the following:
"If your Router allows you to set Vendor Class Identifier, set it to "MSFT 5.0" without quotes and also MAC ID from a PC Ethernet NIC. This way your DHCP client will tell Reliance DHCP server that it is a PC running XP.

A similar approach can be followed on linux boxes if you are using ISC dhclient with -V option or by setting in the conf file."
Any idea how to do it?
I don't know about where to do about the Mac ID, but the Vendor Class Identifier (VCI) can be set in the router. You need to set your computer's IP address to an address in the segment 192.168.1.2~192.168.1.254 and the default gateway to 192.168.1.1

Point your browser to 192.168.1.1 and it will ask for username and password. Put admin and utstar. Then in the sidebar click WAN config or similar. There you will have 8 connections based on bridging. In that there is the first one 0/32. Click to edit it. You will be taken to a page which will allow you to configure the ATM PVC. In that you can enter the VPI and VCI. Delete the remaining connections. And save it and click reboot. If you are not able to browse it from win32 also after this, then take a small pen and while the router is on, insert it in the small hole and press the button three times with an interval of about 2-3 secs. After doing that, the router will restart. If even this doesn't help then you login to the router and somehow find a link to restore factory settings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom