help urgent in deep trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
He does'nt have a working XP CD that's the problem now.
well he doesnt need his CD to work with....

he can creat a boot disk with few floppy...

or he can use anyone's XP disk (no matter whether its pireted or not...).... the seal or the stiker which came with his branded system will do for him if if need a cline install....

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
guys the prob is i was so tensed.. i copied the XP the wrong way.. and now all that remains in that cd is the image of XP.. :shock:

ashu283

Broken In
if u hv image as copy on tht CD thn whts d Prob... copied tht image on HDD. if tht come in form of image thn now burn tht on CD to make a working CD

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
guys the prob is i was so tensed.. i copied the XP the wrong way.. and now all that remains in that cd is the image of XP.. Shocked

what do ya mean?? its not the boot CD right?? then u just have to download the boot file & use nero to burn a bootable XP CD.... thats it.... have an installation Disk ready....

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
not the boot cd wat imeant was the WIN XP cd.. so can i get those bootable files from the net then? can u please tell me wat i should do exactly.. is one floppy enuff or do i need a cd?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1st off all tell us that do u have all the installation files in that CD.... & only problem is u cant boot it from.... if u insert the CD while running win 2K or 98 u see all the files there but just cant boot from the CD right??

if this is the exat problem u r facing then only this method can help u...

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok ill tell in detail.. the windows XP cd i have is the setup cd.. i made a mistake while copying that cd.. so all that i can see in that cd is the IMAGE file of the XP setup cd that i copied.. unfortunately i have already del that image from the HDD yday.. so all am that left is with that cd..

yes from mycomputer i can access D:\Windows which is my XP and i can see my files and stuffs there.. the only prob is if i select XP to boot in the boot selection it either restarts or gives an error sayin that sum win2000 file is missin.. i dunno y i get that error.. i have jus started downloadin WIN XP boot disk from the net.. from a site bootdisk.com or sumthin.. its about 4.5 mb.. wat do i do now.. can i use this as my XP boot disk and repair the XP?

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
bharathbala2003 said:
this is my current boot.ini file in 2K

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Bala's windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Try changing the last line to
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Bala's windows XP Professional" is u installed XP in D:\Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom