help urgent in deep trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
guys this is wat i had 2day morn

C:\win 98 (installed 2yrs back)
D:\Win XP SP2(few months back)

today morn since no one uses 98 anymore i tout ill del it and deleted it.. but i went on to edit the boot.ini file in XP luckily i took its backup and pasted it in mydocuments.. this is wat that boot.ini had

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Bala's Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

so when i restarted the sys C:\ dint have any OS... so sys got screwed.. and i cldn do a thing.. i cldn enter XP also.. so i had to fomat and install 2K in C:\ (which am using now) but even now if i start up am not able to get into WINXP.. please help me some one... and asap am leavin outta town tnite and i need to make XP work as b4 as no one else in the house knows bout this.. plz sum1 help me..

this is my current boot.ini file in 2K

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Bala's windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

stalin

Journeyman
Install Boot Ng and Make D Drive as a Bootable Drive. It solve you problem. This is simple evertime i do like this only dont worry.

stalin

Journeyman
Download BootIT Ng and make a bootable CD with it install BootIT Ng. Now Make D as the Bootable Disk for WinXP and C as Win 2000.

stalin

Journeyman
Now Boot it from CD Disk and Install it. After you finish remove the Disk from you CDROM and Boot OS. While install it take 8MB space for installing in a different partion call Boot IT NG EMBRM.

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok now i have to create a boot floppy right.. ok then i shld boot the system using that floppy.. i dint get this

Now Boot it from CD Disk and Install it. Now you finish remove the Disk from you CDROM and Boot OS. While install it take 8MB space for installing in a different partion call Boot IT NG EMBRM.

can u xplain more clearly.. plz

stalin

Journeyman
Ok boot it from floppy and install BootIt NG. While installing it take 8MB seperate Partion called EMBRM Partion for BootIT NG files. After installation completed remove the disk from computer and Restart it. Then your system boot from BootIT Ng you get a New BOOTNG windows. You can see Icon like Settings, Boot Edit, Partition_Work etc on the left side. In Partion_Work double Click it. It will Open and Box contain all the detail about your HDD partions. How many HDD do you got and Partion details of you HDD with Partion size

OP
bharathbala2003

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i dont understan at all.. wat is this

Ok boot it from floppy and install BootIt NG

what do i boot from the floppy? i have already installed Boot it NG this is how my folder looks.. in boot NG i seriously dont get wat u tryin to say.. :roll:

P.S: can u get me ya phone num or sumthin thro PM.. i will call u .. plz this is urgent help..

[img=*img165.echo.cx/img165/2968/b15cm.jpg]

D

Deleted member 5901

Could have just edited the Boot.ini file and everything would come back to normal !!!!

fragileninja

Broken In
bharathbala2003 said:
guys this is wat i had 2day morn

C:\win 98 (installed 2yrs back)
D:\Win XP SP2(few months back)

today morn since no one uses 98 anymore i tout ill del it and deleted it..
What all files did u exactly delete? There are many windows Xp files in C: that are used for booting... If u deleted some of those than my dear u'll need a fresh installation!

bharathbala2003 said:
but even now if i start up am not able to get into WINXP.. please help me some one... and asap am leavin outta town tnite and i need to make XP work as b4 as no one else in the house knows bout this.. plz sum1 help me..

Whats the error u'r getting... Be precise!

saROMan

QA Juggler
ok..do this as u have formated the part..so ur ntldr and many other system critical files are been deleted .....so boot thru ur XP CD go to recovery Consol ...chk this link to see how recovery consol works and also chk this . Boot from the CD and press "R" to access Wndows Recovery Console...
It will scan any preinstalled Windows Installation if u hv already... then login to the installation by pressing the number assigned to it along with ur admin password.

Now it will open command in %SystemRoot%
Press HELP
It'll give u list all all Recovery Console Commands...

Use FIXMBR to rewrite ur MBR... it'll restore ur MBR and make all ur partitions visible...

If any problem with the BootLoader [Boot.INI]
Use FIXBOOT or BOOTCFG commands...

Hope it will solve ur problems

for Bootit NG

Boot with Floppy..when it asks for wecome msg..install Bootit..etc ..press escape/cancel...u will now enter in mentainence mode ..go to partition works..and now u can play with ur partitions ... :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
saROMan said:
ok..do this as u have formated the part..so ur ntldr and many other system critical files are been deleted .....so boot thru ur XP CD go to recovery Consol ...chk this link to see how recovery consol works and also chk this . Boot from the CD and press "R" to access Wndows Recovery Console...
It will scan any preinstalled Windows Installation if u hv already... then login to the installation by pressing the number assigned to it along with ur admin password.

Now it will open command in %SystemRoot%
Press HELP
It'll give u list all all Recovery Console Commands...

Use FIXMBR to rewrite ur MBR... it'll restore ur MBR and make all ur partitions visible...

If any problem with the BootLoader [Boot.INI]
Use FIXBOOT or BOOTCFG commands...

Hope it will solve ur problems

for Bootit NG

Boot with Floppy..when it asks for wecome msg..install Bootit..etc ..press escape/cancel...u will now enter in mentainence mode ..go to partition works..and now u can play with ur partitions ... Smile

upss.... i am a lillte late.... i was just going to suggest him this same....

but i would ahev ask him to try fixboot & fixmbr or bootcfg after boot in through winXP cd....

stalin

Journeyman
To remove a Windows 98 installation while retaining Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 do the following:

1. Boot from the NT/2000/XP/2003 CD

2. Choose "Repair"

3. Select "Inspect Boot Sector"

4. Reboot

5. Edit BOOT.INI and remove old entries

6. Remove the Windows9x/ME files & folders plus the following files:

MSDOS.SYS

IO.SYS

If the Win9X OS was installed on a separate partition (see note below) you can now easily format that partition without loosing any W2K/XP/2003 configuration (as long as that partition is NOT the Primary Active partition!)

Note: When dual-booting always keep a separate partition for each OS. Never install 2 or more operating systems on the same partition because it will wreck havoc on you Program Files folder!

saROMan

QA Juggler
stalin said:
He does'nt have a working XP CD that's the problem now.

hmm well then there are 4 Options

1) Buy 1
2) Borow 1 for Time Being from Friend
3) make 100% Working CD otto ur Pirated Xp Setup
4) Clean Format Every thing....INstall again..and Pray that nothing Silly happens Again by him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom