Help To Build My Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
Dell, but u pay extra some amount for it.
If you feel of buying Antec 900 then go ahead its a good piece, but I did not get the idea of vertical and horizontal mount

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
What he wants:
Horizontal Mounting : the HDD is parallel to the GPU.

And not:

Vertical Mounting : the HDD is perpendicular to the GPU.

Though the latter seems a better connectivity option. Cause if the SATA and power cables are routed from behind, the angle should be exact match when hooked up. Not sure why this unusual fetish, for horizontal mount..!

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Ohhh thanks acewin...I will try to figure out some of d dell monitors as i think lcd is good but not tough so 5 years warranty is good option coz at least for 4/5 years i am not going to change this monitor.

About case some cases specially new once providing verticle mounting of hdd's like this below image...

*i41.tinypic.com/fvbwv6.jpg

some manufactures r giving space for attach cables in right side of case same as above pic [ U will see some more free space in right side for sata & power cable connection so if i want remove hdd only i have to open other side case panel too for safely remove connection of cables which i really don't want.

In some cases they r giving free space in left side for cables which is quite good but then we have to twist sata cable i think for twice to reach hdd from mb connction so i founf horizontal hdd mounting is much better then vertical. [ Every1 having there own opinion & choice ]

Ok i really like the antec 900 as it looks cool + horizontal mounting + great cooling so i am going for it.

Now only the monitor.... My work needs close view with monitor many times plez suggest me monitor which going to care my eyes. 22"/24" with good features & 5 years warranty is good.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Vertical Mounting check below image....
*i41.tinypic.com/fvbwv6.jpg
=================================
Horizontal mounting check below image....
*i44.tinypic.com/c5idd.jpg

Hope u understand now.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Monitor : Plez suggest me monitor which going to take care of my eyes. 22" to 24" is good. Specially suggest me a good lcd brand so that i will check that brand site for features. I would like to purchase 5year warranty lcd monitor.

acewin

Point Blanc
both look horizontal to me :D
BTW, I actually like the first one, earlier with IDE did not have choice. Taking out and managing HDD is easier, in what you call vertical, managing HDD affects other cabling a lot with SATA cables being longer and for each drive it being different cable.
also HDD not interfering with the cables give much more space IMO.
check this image *www.hardwarelogic.com/articles/reviews/case/Cooler_Master_CM_690/Cooler_Master_CM_690_Case_Interior_Built_Side.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

also check this thread
*forum.coolermaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13220&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, that is what I though. Horizontal mounting is parallel to the GPU, and vertical is perpendicular. The vertical option seems much better, since it is angled for easier access.

For monitor you can read this. I will not recommend a thing other then this. It is manageable under 14K.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
@asewin : I really don't like that hdd mounting which is in ur provided image coz as i know how much gfx card i am going to use horizontal is much better for me.

In ur given image i don't see any power cable or sate cable going to hdd ?? I saw 2 sata cables going from mb but i don't know how those sata cables rich hdd ? & i really don't see power cables.

As if u read my post no #43 i really don't want to remove right side panel of case just to attach/remove sata & power port into hdd so for me horizontal is much better.

& as i am going for msi x58pro-E i know where the sata ports on this mb & which hdd mounting is good with this mobo :)

=====================

wow...i seriously like that monitor. Going to check other dell products too. I check LG monitors too with 5 years warranty but they seems quite costly regarding there features & looks :(

Thanks to all for great help. Going to finalise my rig soon by selecting monitor :)

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
asswin says he also does not know the story of the cables, but the setup looks all clean.
OP, he has asked you to look for more pics of CM 690, but in the end it is your choice, and if you are getting a good deal then why not Antec cabinet also looks good.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
yehhh & i am pretty sure that with antec removing or adding hdd's is quite easy as psu is on bottom there is good space to remove/add hdd's. Ya if psu is on top then may be its tough to remove/add hdd's as all type of wires n ports r coming in way of hdd mounting.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Any1 knows any good sites for online shopping of computer parts which ships to India with free shipping or low cost shipping ???

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

=================

I specially want the site which sells all brand products.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

=================

I am from mumbai so if any1 knows best shop in Lamington road plez let me know b4 my purchases...Thanks for all help.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
PrimeABGB is good for Mumbai people. They ship, but will charge courier..not much. I think they also have a shop at Lamington Road. Here is the online link.

Below is the physical address:

Prime ABGB Pvt Ltd
16, Laxmi Building compound,
390, Lamington Road, Opp. Swastik Cinema,
Grant Road East
Mumbai - 400 004.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
HEy thanks buddy :)

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

U know where i get online buy for Thermaltake brand cases which ships to India ??

I founf some on amezon but they r not shipping in India :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
[/COLOR]U know where i get online buy for Thermaltake brand cases which ships to India ??

I founf some on amezon but they r not shipping in India :(

try lynx. i think i saw Thermaltake cabby there i last visited. or may try with thunder02.dragon, a member here. sells pcs online.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Monitor : Yeh i think many lcd monitor brands finds the problem of some software's which requires square ratio so i think wide screen is ok for me but as my work needs close view with monitor many times plez suggest me monitor which going to care my eyes. 22"/24" is good. Specially suggest me a good lcd brand so that i will check there site for features.

Samsung, viewsonic, benq, aser, dell or any other ????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 suggestion though, get benq E2220 full hd.... it has an hdmi port which g2220 full hd is lacking.... cost is exactly 1k more than g2220....

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Actually i like Thermaltake V5 Black Edition__ VL70001W2Z = USD : $69.99

& i think its a great case for its price. Any suggestions on.........
Antec 900 = 110$ vs Thermaltake V5 Black Edition VL70001W2Z = 70$

OR u have any other choices from Thermaltake under 5k. I like element T also for 99$
===================================================

But i think they newly introduce this Thermaltake V5 Black Edition__ VL70001W2Z case & i try to find this case on net for online buy but i don't found site with this case & which going to ship to India so plez help me in this. If u know any site with this case & if they providing shipment in India then plez help.

=================================

@rahul.007 = I am going for 24 inch BenQ LCD Monitor Full HD HDMI Port G2420HD for 13k approx

Thanks for all help friends.

Last edited:
OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
okkkk...I decided everything except motherboard.

as i am reading reviews on different brand motherboards which supports Core i7 (LGA1366) & i found EVGA X58 SLI also a good mobo.

So plez help me in this......

MSI x58 pro-e OR EVGA X58 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom