Help To Build My Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
ya i understand that msi is good then intel but just want to compare for my satisfaction as all board r not cheap so i don't want to do hurry to pick 1 without knowing them nicely. I am not a rich guy so i have to think twice b4 final purchase hope u understand.

About gpu no i am going for hd 5770 as i am never in favor to buy latest release products as if they having any bugs i don't want to suffer so i will wait till fermi good reviews from its users then i will going to decide so if its good i will purchase that later. Thanks for help.

If any1 having detail info on this 3 mother boards [ Intel Desktop Board DX58SO & MSI x58pro & x58pro-E. ] plez give me links...Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Hey thanks acewin buddy thats really helpful to compare MSI x58pro & x58pro-E.

IF u have any links to compare intel vs msi plez provide coz i ma strongly looking Intel Desktop Board DX58SO vs MSI x58pro-E Features comparison.

*www.msi.com/index.php?func=compareindex&prod_no=1744;1804

strange as per the link for comparison there is no difference between the 2 boards then why the other is called pro-e:roll::???:

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
hahah...I am also going to ask d same question is there only difference in name ???? coz all other spec. r same for X58pro & pro-E.

Btw whats d difference between sata3 & sata2 as msi board don't have sata3 port but intel dose. plez update me on this..Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Intel Desktop Board DX58SO

*i43.tinypic.com/auwgeg.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

@vickybat : Intel also offers advance overclocking. check image [left bottom].

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Intel is in budget too...10k approx.

Code:
*www.amazon.com/Intel-Extreme-Tri-Channel-CrossFireX-Overclocking/dp/B001ISJONM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269423375&sr=1-1

acewin

Point Blanc
havent got anything to compare the two different manufacturers. may be some review sites will do.
do these boards come with on-board gfx I do not think so, so buying a gpu at the time u buy ur rig will be a must. then u will have to decide

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

for msi I know one thing if the specs do not differ then price too wont differ much maybe 200-300

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

check their respective pages for difference, pro-e comes with split-thermal system and blu-ray audio that what makes the difference hahaa(though I was expecting something like that because putting an E most of the time means more energy efficient so MSI would have also done something like that), cant even understand that what they propose for difference.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

futhur more something written like lossless
--
*www.msi.com/uploads/features/features_20090925094838.jpg
• The loss-less content protection technology with full-rate audio enjoyment from Blue-ray Disc
• Support for 24-bit / 192kHz sample rate offers high quality digital decoders and speakers
• support 7.1 channels playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs

*www.msi.com/uploads/features/features_a336b0ad5a3271941de6ec9292ba9c56.gif
Live Update 4 is a single utility software that automatically checks BIOS, driver and utility updates and installs for you , which can save your time for searching and lower the risk while updating.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC889, which I think makes the blu-ray audio for pro-e

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

couldnt even find a review for the intel original board

sata3 is new update in sata line up it allows 6gbps data bandwidth as compared to previous 3gbps.
intel board has only 4 ram slots and you will use 3 slots of ram and if you want to upgrade ram you would not have option to add as you would be left with only one slot and only option would to remove present sticks and add 3 4gb sticks, you got it, better go for some other board,

you need to buy gfx card , as these kinda boards don't come with igp.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
@acewin : Intel mb aslo supports 7.1 & requires Realtek® ALC889 drivers.

For price & review go here....
Code:
*www.amazon.com/Intel-Extreme-Tri-Channel-CrossFireX-Overclocking/dp/B001ISJONM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269423375&sr=1-1

5star : 10 votes check msi pro-E too on this site just search.

@azaad_shri75 : price is same approx 10k for intel plus i am going to use 3 2gb sticks so in future if i add last 2gb stick then 8gb is more then enough ram for me.

===========================================================

I am never looking 4 board which having lots of unusable ports. I think 4 sata, 4 usb, 4 ram slots r more then enough as in 2day's word 2tb hdd is available so no1 going to add more then 3hdd i think but still 4 ports r enough. ya if u r giving more ports in server specify boards then its ok but for home pc 4 is enough i think. [Intel is having 6 sata & 2 esata, msi is having 7 sata & 1 esata ]

Usb ports r now a days not a problem to increase as external ports r available plus cabinet also offers few ports so adding 6/8 ports is waste i think. [ Intel 12 usb, MSI 8 usb ]

What d use of more then 4 slots for ram ?? 8gb is more then enough for home pc as well 4gb sticks r available so we can put 16gb ram. [ Intel 4 slots, MSI 6 slots ]

So i really don't know why this mb brands wasting space by adding useless ports. Good space is really important for good airflow, for good coolers or for anything good which is more useful. :)

you are right in your sense hitherto some one needs 12gb ram for eg or 4drives of hdd in raid and another four sas drives - all for eg, it depends on personal use,

what I was trying to say was of triple channel memory is standard for optimum performance for i7 9x series of cpu.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Really sorry but i don't want to start Intel, MSI war here but I really want to put my money in good purchase. Plez understand me.

As Intel & MSI both mb prices r not that different i have to choose 1 from them so now i have to choose only 1 from this 2 mobo.

Till now u r told me to go for MSI but no1 give me any specific reason that why i should go 4 MSI over Intel. I want reason plez. If ur posting go for MSI just coz u read msi is good or u have msi board then plez don't do that. As i am in few other computer forum few users only copy-paste conf. from other forums even if they don't know anything so plez don't do that if u have real knowledge which1 is good then plez specify d reasons which really going to help me in nice way.

Plez don't get me wrong as i am not saying u all r copy-pasting but i just want few good reasons to go for MSI as i am Intel fan :) & i really in favor of intel coz processor is from intel & intel have good software's as well technical support on web which is quite nice thing about intel.

So plez if u have pros & cons for Intel & msi I really like to read them b4 final purchase.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You are hardly listening to what people are saying. People have mentioned to you umpteen times, that the MSI boards are OC/hardcore gaming series boards. The vanilla Intel is just for the basic X58 chipset. See the number of DIMM slots on the DX58SO. It is '4'. Now to optimize the tr-channel DDR3 architecture you need DIMM modules placed in multiples of '3'. I.E. 3,6..etc. Once you fill 3 slots on the DX58SO, you are not left with many choices. Regarding the SATA ports on the Intel board, you can read this. Once the GPU is docked, some of the SATA ports are blocked out.

Overall, vs. the MSI board the Intel Board is:
1. Not well laid out.
2. Cluttered.
3. Not good chipset cooling.
4. OC is slightly difficult. Not impossible though.

Regarding difference between the MSI PRO and 'E' version. The latter offers Blu-Ray audio and better chipset cooling.

Also, in a prior post I mentioned that you might not be able to do 3D work with a gaming card. That too a measly HD5770. Are you sure, your 3D software will support/run flawlessly on a gaming edition card.

acewin

Point Blanc
well cant be helped, you need to repeat things, the amazon review is nothing if you wud have checked some MSI mobo u would have got more votes.
nyhow a review means giving all pros and cons and not just vote.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The MSI X58 PRO series, are probably one of the best X58 boards out there. Well laid out, stuffed to the core with features, spacious. Where as the DX58SO is just a vanilla board with the word Extreme series attached to it, and a non OC friendly BIOS. Today if I was picking up a X58 system, I would go with the MSI board -- for sure.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
No i am reading all post very carefully friends. 1st now u give me some good comparison points for intel vs msi. In previous post i only saw msi features & I not understand why msi is good then intel.
Check my post no #21 i clearly say that i understand that msi is good but i just want to compare msi pros n cons with intel pros n cons so its easy for me to choos from them.

asigh gives the good comparison in his post #29 & now i am going for MSI x58pro-E :) Thanks to all.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

ok so i think i decided to go for....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother Board = MSI x58pro-E = FIX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor = Core i7 930 2.66GHz = FIX

GFX Card = XFX Radeon™ HD 5770 1024 MB DDR5 (HD-577A-ZNDK) = PCI-E 2.1 = FIX

RAM : Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit = FIX

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB = FIX

Power Supply : Corsair VX550W = FIX

Cabinet : Not yet decided. As i want easy to remove function for hdd. I like NZXT M59 but i really don't like that vertical drive mounting means i don't know how i am going to remove sata & power supply cables from it ??? If hdd mounting is horizontal then i think its easy to remove cables from hdd...Any suggestions ???

Monitor : Yeh i think many lcd monitor brands finds the problem of some software's which requires square ratio so i think wide screen is ok for me but as my work needs close view with monitor many times plez suggest me monitor which going to care my eyes. 22"/24" is good. Specially suggest me a good lcd brand so that i will check there site for features.

Samsung, viewsonic, benq, aser, dell or any other ????

Cabinet is ok as i will choose 1 from at d time of purchase but plez suggest me good brand wide screen monitor.

Thanks for all friends... Plez feel free to post any suggestion u like to give me.

Piyush

Lanaya
No i am reading all post very carefully friends. 1st now u give me some good comparison points for intel vs msi. In previous post i only saw msi features & I not understand why msi is good then intel.
Check my post no #21 i clearly say that i understand that msi is good but i just want to compare msi pros n cons with intel pros n cons so its easy for me to choos from them.

asigh gives the good comparison in his post #29 & now i am going for MSI x58pro-E :) Thanks to all.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

ok so i think i decided to go for....

Mother Board = MSI x58pro-E = FIX

Processor = Core i7 930 2.66GHz = FIX

GFX Card = XFX Radeon™ HD 5770 1024 MB DDR5 (HD-577A-ZNDK) = PCI-E 2.1 = FIX

RAM : Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit = FIX

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB = FIX

Power Supply : Corsair VX550W = FIX

Cabinet : Not yet decided. As i want easy to remove function for hdd. I like NZXT M59 but i really don't like that vertical drive mounting means i don't know how i am going to remove sata & power supply cables from it ??? If hdd mounting is horizontal then i think its easy to remove cables from hdd...Any suggestions ???

Monitor : Yeh i think many lcd monitor brands finds the problem of some software's which requires square ratio so i think wide screen is ok for me but as my work needs close view with monitor many times plez suggest me monitor which going to care my eyes. 22"/24" is good. Specially suggest me a good lcd brand so that i will check there site for features.

Samsung, viewsonic, benq, aser, dell or any other ????

Cabinet is ok as i will choose 1 from at d time of purchase but plez suggest me good brand wide screen monitor.

Thanks for all friends... Plez feel free to post any suggestion u like to give me.

actually i dont know ur budget for cabby
still
either go for cm 690 or cm 335 elite depending upon ur budget
tell me if u have some more bucks to spend on cabby

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
No i really don't want that vertical mounting for HDD i wat horizontal mounting if u look the case from its left side.

*i41.tinypic.com/fvbwv6.jpg
See i don't like the mounting like this above pic. I want horizontal hdd mounting case for better cable management.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

I am going for Antec Nine Hundred. any suggestion ???

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
I am going for Antec Nine Hundred = 3.8k approx any suggestion ???
[FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT]
*i44.tinypic.com/16bj95f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Code:
*www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-Hundred-Steel-Ultimate/dp/B000I5JHB0

I am getting it @ 3.8 to 4k cost any suggestion on this case ???

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Any lcd monitor gives 5year warranty ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom