help ! suggestion needed !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abinesh

Broken In
hi ppl.. digit has always helped me and i thank all members here for doing that!
just that i have one more question. my budget is 7.5k and i don't want to spent even a 100 more. i m planning to get a good mobile and i ve narrowed down to 5300. any other suggestions ?

the thing is i would like to see few pics got from that cam and also a small video if possible . just to see if its worth investing on it... else i'm pretty happy with the music offered by w200i sony ericson as i'm not the guy who thinks a cam in the mobile is a must ! i would love good music though

should i go for 5300 or some other phone with good music( for eg w200i) or is there a much bettter phone you suggest at the same price ?

regards!!
abinesh

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
for that price you can get nokia 3110c, SE z550i, nokia 5500, nokia 5200 (i'm including only the tried and tested phones here).

ok, now frankly when you talk about the camera the 1.3mp category is the most tricky. the current gen. of 1.3mp cam module based phones (the ones mentioned about 5300, z550i, 3110c etc) haf nothing great in them. except a larger size photo there not much improvement over the VGA resolution camera based phones (almost all of which can interpolate the VGA to 1mp via stretching).

so my advise wud be, either get a VGA cam phone (if cam is not imp.) or go in for a phone which has minimum of 2mp cam module. out of the above only the 5500 has a 2mp cam. however, the music quality is nothing much to write about plus, if i remember rite, it doesn't come wid any memory card (only 64mb in-built memory) and also lacks a decent headset. so if the primary usage is music and as you said YOU DON'T WANNA SPEND EVEN RS.100 MORE, then i suggest you either stick wid W200i or haf a look at W300i (clamshell, 256mb memory card, better headset than even w200i - hpm70, bluetooth, but has again VGA cam).

otherwise, if u are ready to spend more then i suggest you either get <phone>+larger memory card+decent headset. replace <phone> wid either 6233,k750i,k550i ;)

you can check about the cam quality of all those phones at any of the phone review sites (gsmarena, mobile reviews etc.)

K

krazyfrog

5500 used to come with a 512mb card earlier. Dunno if it still has it after the drastic price drop. But the headset is good. It also has a remote and a 3.5mm adaptor in it. But the phone has a small display. I'll instead suggest going for 5300 and later upgrade to a 2gb card and Creative EP630 earphone.

azzu

AJJU
ARee infra bhai that guy clearly stated that he does not a good cam phone but music
i respect ur post but u gave much priority to cam in ur post rather than music which he wants ill sugg him SE w300i
today saw in paper w200i is 5500 k

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
``
abinesh said:
the thing is i would like to see few pics got from that cam and also a small video if possible . just to see if its worth investing on it...
azzu bhai, this is the reason of my long post!!! :)

btw, i'm against buying 6233 for 8k. coz then he'll hafta invest in a decent headset and a bigger card effectively increasing the cost (even 1k increase is significant)

OP
A

abinesh

Broken In
@ everyone
thanks so much !!

@iR dude
bro that was THE post i was expecting to see... thanks so much. wonderful explanation and reasoning !

so this means that a 1.3 mp cam is no good and its better to go for a phone with a min of 2mp ... or get an out and out music phone with inferior cam . correct ? also i fell in love with the 5500 once the model had come out but the display as stated( above ) is too small . and i do not know the quality of music ... maybe someone who owns the phone ould comment !!

and guys do you think its worth waiting for the 5310 and 5710 .. the other music phones ? at what price would they be released ? any idea ?

and thanks again so much !!!

Pathik

Google Bot
the 5310 and 5710 would be definitely costlier than ur budget at launch.. so forget them...
Either get the 5500 for a decent 2mp cam + decent music + symbian os.. (only drawback is the small screen)
or get the 6233 for better music playback and a 2mp cam... also the default hs 23 bundled with the fone are good enuf IMO..
if u want SE go for k550i..

OP
A

abinesh

Broken In
^^^ thanks , and is anyone facing the annoying keypad problem . there are so many complaints that their key pad falls off after about 4 months and they are sticking it with super glue !! LOL
and this fone seems to hang while messaging... and it takes forever to send sms ...

are all these true regarding 5500 ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
since you are not ready to spend more than 7.5k i'd advice you against 6233 or k750i or k550i. my advice is to go in for either:

w200i - VGA cam, 128mb memory card, bass reflex headsets (better than any standard nokia headsets and on par wid music edition headsets), lacks BT, screen is not very bright, just ok. ~5.5k

or

w300i - 256mb memory card, hpm70 headset better than bass reflex headsets, VGA cam, clamshell phone. over ~6k+

or

n5500 - symbian s60 os, 2mp cam, sports branded phone, small screen, no memory card. ~7.4k. i haf no clue regarding the problems you mentioned about this phone. so, sorry can't answer that one.

i guess you can make a choice now :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^ thats pretty cool :) but then his priority is music so the 64MB (memory card) +34 MB (internal) won't be sufficient, neither will be the standard headset. so those are extra purchases for him.

OP
A

abinesh

Broken In
hey guys !! i gave it a lot of thought and i ve decided on the 5500 ...
nice decision ??
thanks everyone !!

OP
A

abinesh

Broken In
dono mate ! i have not enquired that ! i've just made up my mind to get this phone .. i ll tell the other details in a day !!

just back from the priority dealers ... they 've tagged the 5500 at 12.1 mate :(

and it comes with 512mb card !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom