Help scientists to sort galaxies

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
Astronomers are inviting members of the public to help them make major new discoveries by taking part in a census of one million galaxies.

Visitors to www.galaxyzoo.org will get to see stunning images of galaxies, most of which have never been viewed by human eyes before.

By sorting these images into "spiral galaxies" (like our own Milky Way) or "elliptical galaxies", visitors will help astronomers to understand the structure of the universe.

Why do we need you?
The simple answer is that the human brain is much better at recognising patterns than a computer can ever be. Any computer program we write to sort our galaxies into categories would do a reasonable job, but it would also inevitably throw out the unusual, the weird and the wonderful. To rescue these interesting systems which have a story to tell, we need you.

So head to www.galaxyzoo.org, register yourself and start classifying galaxies. After you register you have to take short test to see how good you are at recognizing galaxies.

*www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/art...in_article_id=467724&in_page_id=1965&ito=1490

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
wil they pay me?:mrgreen:
if not then very few will be bothered abt it. but i will try it even they dont pay me:cool:

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
fun2sh said:
wil they pay me?:mrgreen:
if not then very few will be bothered abt it. but i will try it even they dont pay me:cool:

You are wrong!! The site received 6 million hits in the first day!!
And btw, instead of wasting time on the net, why don't you do something constructive. Who knows one day they might even reward the person who had classified the most no of galaxies. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom