help! satan in my PC!!!

PC CONFIG:
AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE
4GB DDR3 RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Asus M4A78T-E
Coolermaster Elite Power (600W PSU)

Hey guys i have been having weird problems for the past couple of weeks. Ever since i got my new GFX card all hell has broken loose. The comp worked well for a week. I had installed Catalyst 12.9 drivers that came with the card and saw flickering in League of Legends. I then updated my drivers to Catalyst 13.1 and all was fine. Then came DOTA2.

Whenever i play this game i used to get BSOD..that too so many of them - IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, BAD_POOL_HEADER, BAD_CONFIG_INFO. I ran Windows Diagnostics and it detected memory errors...then i ran Memtest and NO ERROR??? WTF?? I was almost going to reinstall win7 and after some restarts the comp started working fine!!!

Recently i just got another BSOD - TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN, BAD_POOL_HEADER and now the fkin comp won't even do POST forget about booting into windows. When i power it on, it just sits there with a black screen and a blinking cursor. It does POST once in every 20 reboots and then when i choose to boot into win7 (safe mode / last known good config) it fails to do that... just sits (files loading) or reboots. I have given up the hope of booting into windows.

What i recently did is i managed to somehow start Memtest86 and it gave me an error say Inv_op (invalid op code?) and dumped some register values (PC,stack etc..). On my second run (after another 10 restarts) it finally started testing and now is reporting errors in the 1st pass.
Error Confidence value: 109
Lowest Address: 1.0MB
Highest Address: 1.9GB+ (and counting)

So...after this long problem description...am i correct in thinking that the fault is with the ram modules or the ram slots???

Last edited:
It is most like;y a ram or HDD error. Do this:

> try using your ram in some other PC and other pc's ram in your PC.
> if the problem is not yet localized, then do the same with HDD.

I got "RQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" BSODs when I removed the HDD (external) without safely removing it.

> I dont know why, but I sense PSU's fault.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just do a simple test.remove gfx card & run your pc for 2-3 days.if everything runs fine psu is the problem.if not & face same issues then ram/mobo is the problem.btw whatever the result i don't recommend using coolermaster psu(no matter what the price is) for a card like 7850.

doomgiver

Warframe
Change RAM/PSU/motherboard.

if possible, take out the 3 components and check in another PC one at a time.

Top Bottom