Help rgdng AMD a10-5800k crossfire

a-raam

Journeyman
How do i crossfire an amd a10-5800k apu??
does it require a special motherboard??
and i have heard you cant crossfire an apu with anything higher than an hd 6670. this true?

Piyush

Lanaya
Crossfiring an APU?!?!
Well this is new. Actually discrete graphic cards are crossfired/ SLIed. What you are asking is a multi- CPU setup which requires different motherboards and CPUs (mainly server stations uses them).

You have to buy 2 graphic cards of same series and same model number for best results.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Yes, you can Crossfire a discrete GPU with the IGP of AMD APU. The GPU in AMD Trinity processors are based on VLIW4 architecture (not GCN even their nomenclature is HD7000), same architecture found in AMD HD 6900 series. So with an AMD A10 and A8 trinity processors, you can Crossfire any 5000 or 6000 series cards up to HD 6670. This thing is known as Hybrid Crossfire.

But remember, with the current Drivers, in only works with DirectX 11 titles and the performance is not consistence in couple of cases. The current drivers need some more fine tuning.

OP
a-raam

a-raam

Journeyman
But remember, with the current Drivers, in only works with DirectX 11 titles and the performance is not consistence in couple of cases. The current drivers need some more fine tuning.
so you mean stick with the IGP till the graphic drivers are updated??

sorry got it now.. u mean that CF will work with DirectX 9 titles after the drivers are tuned,right??

Piyush

Lanaya
And I thought you were asking for Xfiring 2 APUs :D silly me
yup as Cilus suggested Xfiring an APU with similar series gfx card is possible which is called Hybrid crossfire

Top Bottom