Help Required for Gaming PC Build-Budget 70k...

suvajit

Broken In
Hi all !!
Time is ripe for a long cherished dream of a gaming pc after my HP laptop went kaput a few months ago.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: 'AAA' Gaming, (all the latest & upcoming FPS & RPS, GTA V, Hitman, Far Cry 5, Battlefield Series etc.)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 70,000/- . Can extend max 5k if absolutely necessary for increasing performance.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes. At least in near future if not now.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 64 bit (Already own a licensed copy)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Maybe an SSD of low capacity. Already have 1 TB internal HDD.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, FHD 1920*1080, 22'' or larger preferably.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have gaming mouse, speakers, HDD. Everything else needed.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Mid-October, can wait 1-2 months more if some upcoming hardware launch is worth it.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I will take care of assembling.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Durgapur. Will buy physically from Kolkata or online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Confused regarding Graphics card. As Turing is round the corner should one buy 10 series cards or better to wait for more price drops? Amd RX series are also coming back to normal stock & price.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Your budget is not good enough for what you're asking. Either save money and buy later or buy now what you can with your budget and upgrade later.

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
Your budget is not good enough for what you're asking. Either save money and buy later or buy now what you can with your budget and upgrade later.
Am asking to play latest games at 1080p at mid to high settings.. and 70 k is not enough for that??

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Am asking to play latest games at 1080p at mid to high settings.. and 70 k is not enough for that??
Yep, not enough IMO.
GPU 1060 alone costs about 25k. OCable chip + decent motherboard would cost over 30k. Fitting everything else in the budget isn't possible.
You can fit 1050ti and B350/450 board in the budget, but I don't think that would be good enough for 1080p AAA gaming and good overclocking.

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
Yep, not enough IMO.
GPU 1060 alone costs about 25k. OCable chip + decent motherboard would cost over 30k. Fitting everything else in the budget isn't possible.
You can fit 1050ti and B350/450 board in the budget, but I don't think that would be good enough for 1080p AAA gaming and good overclocking.
How abt ryzen 5 1600 at 12099 rs (mdcomputers) & msi x370 gaming plus at around 8500 rs?? Are they not good for overcloking?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't prefer MSI/Asrock, I always stick with ASUS/Gigabyte.

Since you're interested in overclocking, better go with a good rated board. Google for good overclockable board for Ryzen chip and pick one of the good ones.
Wait for others to comment. They may have different views.

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
I don't prefer MSI/Asrock, I always stick with ASUS/Gigabyte.

Since you're interested in overclocking, better go with a good rated board. Google for good overclockable board for Ryzen chip and pick one of the good ones.
Wait for others to comment. They may have different views.
Read somewhere that MSI is at par compared to asus & gigabyte if not better. Anyway am open to suggestions....

ssb1551

Technomancer
If you are going with 1600 then I suggest do not over clock - maybe a couple of hundred MHz. And yes 70k is bit less for your ask. Like @nac mentioned a 6GB variant of 1060 will cos you around 25k. That leaves 45k for other components. An 8GB RAM stick and a gold certified PSU will be around 13-14k. One way you can do is - buy the cheapest B350 board along with Ryzen 5 1600. Forget OCing!

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
If you are going with 1600 then I suggest do not over clock - maybe a couple of hundred MHz. And yes 70k is bit less for your ask. Like @nac mentioned a 6GB variant of 1060 will cos you around 25k. That leaves 45k for other components. An 8GB RAM stick and a gold certified PSU will be around 13-14k. One way you can do is - buy the cheapest B350 board along with Ryzen 5 1600. Forget OCing!
Ok i will get my hands off of overcloking at least for some time till i can lay my hands on a good mobo & psu. Can u suggest the other components? How is corsair vs550? And one more thing, gigabyte rx580 is available for 23.3k, isnt it good considering lg freesync monitor?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
How is corsair vs550? And one more thing, gigabyte rx580 is available for 23.3k, isnt it good considering lg freesync monitor?
Don't buy VS series. Check out RMx or TX series from Corsair.
Yes, if the monitor has freesync AMD card is a wise choice esp. when the price is about the same as 1060.

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
Don't buy VS series. Check out RMx or TX series from Corsair.
Yes, if the monitor has freesync AMD card is a wise choice esp. when the price is about the same as 1060.
Thanks @nac. What about antec psu? Are they comparable to corsair.

Minion

Conversation Architect
RYZEN 5 1600-12,000
ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING-10,000
G.Skill 8GB DDR4 F4-2666C19S-8GVR-6,200
Kingston A400 120GB-2,000

ANTEC NE550M-3,800
Corsair SPEC-ALPHA Black-Silver-4,800
GIGABYTE AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB-23,000
LG 22MP68VQ-P-9,600

Total 71k

Adding a AMD GPU is increasing your system price by 4k RX580 is a power hungry card for that a minimum 550 watts of PSU is required also RX580 is expensive by 3k

If you want a better performing card I would suggest a GTX 1060(Freesync is not supported) and this system will only need a CX450 which is 3.4k

Last edited:
OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
RYZEN 5 1600-12,000
ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING-10,000
G.Skill 8GB DDR4 F4-2666C19S-8GVR-6,200
Kingston A400 120GB-2,000
Antec EA550G Pro-550-5,600
Corsair SPEC-ALPHA Black-Silver-4,800
Gigabyte RX 580 8GB GDDR5 GAMING-27,000
LG 22MP68VQ-P-9,600

Total 77k

Adding a AMD GPU is increasing your system price by 4k RX580 is a power hungry card for that a minimum 550 watts of PSU is required also RX580 is expensive by 3k

If you want a better performing card I would suggest a GTX 1060(Freesync is not supported) and this system will only need a CX450 which is 3.4k
Thanks.. btw gigabyte rx580 8 gb is selling for 23.3 k at vedant GRAPHICS CARD GIGABYTE AORUS RADEON RX 580 8GB

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
@Minion can i consider corsair spec 4 with transparent side panel? Whats your view? can save some bucks there..

Minion

Conversation Architect
@Minion can i consider corsair spec 4 with transparent side panel? Whats your view? can save some bucks there..

Price difference between spec alpha and Spec 04 is only 300/- better get spec alpha if you want to save some money then get this PSU ANTEC NE550M 550W it is available for 3.8k

If you are interested in freesync get that Aorus GPU as soon as possible there is maximum chance they are gonna increase its price

Modified Original Configuration

Last edited:
OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
Yes, wait for possible price drop on GPUs.
@SaiyanGoku does it make sense if for the time being i build my rig with ryzen 5 2400g & add a gpu like 1060 or rx580 when the prices stabilize? What are the chances of bottleneck & is it gonna be future proof for at least 4-5 yrs?

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
@SaiyanGoku.. does it make sense if for the time being i build my rig with ryzen 5 2400g & add a gpu like 1060 or rx580 when the prices stabilize? What are the chances of bottleneck & is it gonna be future proof for at least 4-5 yrs?

No,2400G(budget chip) is inferior to 1600(mid range).Also don't any expect any more price drop in near future because if nvidia drops price then no one will buy their latest GPUs

OP
suvajit

suvajit

Broken In
No,2400G(budget chip) is inferior to 1600(mid range).Also don't any expect any more price drop in near future because if nvidia drops price then no one will buy their latest GPUs
are there any news about new graphics card launches from amd? just enquiring if prices of polaris series will come down a bit after subdued mining craze.

Top Bottom