Help Regarding Ping/Latency in Counter Strike Global Offensive

player100

Broken In
Tell me something about how do i manage my ping while playing online.... Not a single server shows ping below 300.... its very boring play it like this... I die every time because of this lag!!
Somethings that i have already taken care of are:
1)not downloading any thing while playing it online.
2)i have referred internet and closed some unnecessary services.
3)Use Game Booster v3

My PC is dell inspiron 17R SE and internet via BSNL landline with speed upto 2Mbps which give me a download speed of 220Kbps max
Please give suggestion.... Help karo

tkin

Back to school!!
Nothing on your side can change the ping(aka latency), you have to switch to a better ISP, heard airtel latency is good.

OP
P

player100

Broken In
Nothing on your side can change the ping(aka latency), you have to switch to a better ISP, heard airtel latency is good.
we don't hv airtel landline connection here in itanagar? So i can't help myself :-(

BUT can u tell me some list of services that could be stopped permanently in windows 7.... bcoz they are unnecessarily slowing my online and offline game experience... may be it will help to reduce the ping

Hrishi

Not sure but you can try your luck on some optimizer apps for latency.

But there's nothing much you can do for that. If possible search for nearest possible servers. Or switch ISP.

tkin

Back to school!!
we don't hv airtel landline connection here in itanagar? So i can't help myself :-(

BUT can u tell me some list of services that could be stopped permanently in windows 7.... bcoz they are unnecessarily slowing my online and offline game experience... may be it will help to reduce the ping
Try Razer Gamer Booster software to stop services while you game, while it may free some bandwidth(like windows update etc) it WON'T affect your latency, switch ISP or try to find a closer server.

OP
P

player100

Broken In
Try Razer Gamer Booster software to stop services while you game, while it may free some bandwidth(like windows update etc) it WON'T affect your latency, switch ISP or try to find a closer server.

I am already using Iobit Game Booster... What's the difference between these 2.....

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
just switch isp. it's due to bad routing on bsnl's side. if you have any optical fibre based internet in your city, switch to it. i'm on beam telecom and on meager 512kbps plan, i get around 20ms ping on indian servers in 1.6 and source and <100ms in international servers in cs go.

OP
P

player100

Broken In
One more question... ummmm
while playing CS GO online it drains of my internet Kota very fast (approx 100MB/Hr).... i.e. if i play for 10-11 hours my 1GB is finished........My question is:- Will reducing the graphics help? Or any other way to reduce it?
And one more thing :------ i was planning to buy Razer Deathadder 2013 mouse.... The reviews on internet is saying that its good... but anybody having personal experience??? Any suggestions?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
One more question... ummmm
while playing CS GO online it drains of my internet Kota very fast (approx 100MB/Hr).... i.e. if i play for 10-11 hours my 1GB is finished........My question is:- Will reducing the graphics help? Or any other way to reduce it?
And one more thing :------ i was planning to buy Razer Deathadder 2013 mouse.... The reviews on internet is saying that its good... but anybody having personal experience??? Any suggestions?

even if you reduce the graphics, the amount of data which is being transferred between client (you) and server remains the same. for cs 1.6 the best mouse was either a ime 3.0 / steel series xai .... id suggest to stay away from razer mice for fps games..

you could choose : 1. ime 3.0/ kinzu v2/ xai/ sensei/ ikari laser/mx 518

Top Bottom