Help!! problem with 'The Witcher'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Hi all...

I installed The Witcher yesterday and I donot understand how to attack. In the tutorial, it was said to left click on the opponent. when I place the cursor, it changes to a sword and when I left click, the character doesnt do anything. I have to press and hold the left click button to hit him. The attack is initiated when the icon changes to a No simbol (a not applicable symbol), The chain attacks need left clicking when the sword glows yellowish. since I am holding the button, I am not able to left click it again. overall, I didnt understand the combat system in this game. The left click of mouse goes well with other objects like using things and picking them up. Even the right click is working fine for signs. The only thing I couldnt get is the attacking.

Someone please explain the exact way to attack the opponent? I saw the options for controls but there is no key assignment for attacking. I also tried it for different modes (OTS, and others (F1, F2, F3)). In all modes, the character is not able to attack on single left click.

My mouse: Logitech mx 518.

Are there any ways to configure the extra keys on my mouse for other actions??
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
OKz.................

Me playing Witcher for a long time.........(1week :D)

Initially I faced d same issues and thought of un-installing it but then gave it a 2nd try.......n i'm enjoyin it........;)

its combat system is a bit diff.......
something like AOE......(only 10% similarities).........like u've to click on the enemy who u want to attack.......even if u r not used to movement u'll b using mouse click for movements also( I guess so)............
TIPS:-;):D:cool:

1.U'll get FPS view with F3.........use it with movement keys and u r free from mouse clicking movements.....
2. Use F2 view for combats.......
-----------for single enemy(strong) 'strong' style(z in kbrd)
-----------for single enemy not so strong and some weak monsters 'fast' style (x in kbrd)
-----------for group of enemies 'group' style(c in kbrd)
3. Left clicking once on one enemy will hit once/twice.......while comabat u don't need to keep the mouse button pressed.......just point and press once......witcher will do d rest
4. while combat wait till d cursor glows yellow..........click on d enemy again........witcher will attack with more fury........if its successfull(means u've ACTUALLY waited till d cursor turns yellow and then clicked...........rather n no. of consecutive clicks like we do in other sword action games)ur cursor will turn red.........click again on d enemy as soon as d cursor turns red...........witcher will hit with more fury..........this is called 'final blow'.........and ur job is done.......
5. Initially this is a bit hard/irritating but the game and storyline suppresses it all.....u'll get used to it.........
6. Theres no problem with ur mouse:D
7. Best of luck

x3060

A LOTR fan
yeah, even i thought of uninstalling it but gave it a second go...
now i really miss this combat in all other games.
its really wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom