Help!!. Problem in motherboard due to salt deposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
Hi all,
My friend who is living near the bay area is having a lot of problem with his motherboard due to salt deposition. The motherboard had to be sent for repairs 3 times in last 6 months. the motherboard when inspected shows a coating of white material like salt. There has been similar problems with people living in neighbouring flats. The PC vendor is saying that the problem is due to salty breeze of the ocean. Is there any solution to this problem. Please Help !!!!

satyamy

Alive Again...
:confused:
It is a Very Weired Problem

he can do the basic things cover PC properly when not in use
(best will be to buy a Table with doors on all side)

and add extra fan in CPU

or else use Laptops

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
or else use Laptops

i dont think using a lappy there wud be such a good idea.
to avoid salt deposition one can always clean the pc once a week or so as required but u cant do the same with a lappy.probs will be gr8er if a lappy is used in such conditions.:)

IMHO to avoid this kind of probs the guy sud clean the mobo and other parts regularly.

OP
J

juggler

In the zone
i dont think using a lappy there wud be such a good idea.
to avoid salt deposition one can always clean the pc once a week or so as required but u cant do the same with a lappy.probs will be gr8er if a lappy is used in such conditions.:)

IMHO to avoid this kind of probs the guy sud clean the mobo and other parts regularly.

Quite troublesome :(
Got to be a better way

praka123

left this forum longback
^go to some familiar home appliances shops.these packs are bundled with TVs,CRTs,Refridgerators etc.they may have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom