help plsss... anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripy

Right off the assembly line
good day! i just bought a 1 GB dynet DDR2 to upgrade my pc. at first, i thought that it turned out ok but when i checked, my computer only recognizes 512MB of RAM. then worse thing happened, after a few minutes my monitor turned off and my pc made that beeping sound, the one that you hear when your RAM goes loko. i turned off my pc and after half an hour or so, i turned it on again and it runs ok. but after a few minutes, it does it again, my monitor turns off and my pc makes that beeping sound.

could anybody help me? i'm badly in need of you expertise. thanks!

OP
T

tripy

my old memory which i replaced is a 256MB DDR2 533mhz while the new one is a 1GB DDR2 633mhz. when i purchased it from the store, i asked the store technician if the 633mhz is compatible with my pc cause i'm using a 533. they told me that as long as its a DDR2, it is compatible. is it compatible with my mobo?

Roadripper

Journeyman
Go chek ur board website wat is the max freq ur board supports even though it may not support it ll run wit the max supported freq... ;)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
no... i dont think 2 rams with 2 different frequency works at the same time... try removing the old one and run the machine using the new one..

siniranji

have you checked the frequency???, may be flashing of your mother board bios may solve this problem, atleast try to inspect your RAM in close quarters, if you find any pins missing go for replacement, check your power connection earthing / grounding etc.,,
no need to panic

acewin

Point Blanc
what is the config of your system and motherboard.
Secondly as other said check the max freq it works for.
1GB will get recognized easily if it is of proper freq.

I do not think it goes that way earlier motherboards even from 845 recognized 1GB single stick rams, and mostly having 2 DIMM slots could be upgraded to 2 GB only max.

So you need to clear with the figures for your mobo

nikkuchan

Broken In
If you're using two sticks of ram with different speeds, I would assume they would work as long as you set the faster one to work slower. There should be an option in your bios set up to set ram speed. Make sure that the speeds are the same, and also make sure that the speeds match with the fsb speed of your cpu (your ram speed should be half of your cpu fsb (i.e. a 1333mhz fsb cpu uses 667mhz ram). Ram that's faster than the cpu/mobo supports still works, it just runs at a slower frequency. Usually mobos won't allow your ram to move faster than the cpu fsb speed, but checking it would still be a good idea.

Last edited:
OP
T

tripy

i am using only the new 1gb ram. i think my mobo's maximum frequency is 533mhz, it's ok with me that the speed lessens, it's my fault that i didnt checked my mobo's specs first before purchasing.

my main problem now is that when i turn on my pc, after a few minutes my monitor turns black and my pc makes that beeping sound. i tried clearing my cmos cause i thought it would solve the problem (that's what i thought... LOL). :D

thanks for your advices and suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom