Help! Ping error 1232 in Vista

MarveL

Broken In
Hi friends,

I have a 3 years old hp pavilion laptop running Vista Home 32 bit. I have a cable broadband (RJ45) internet connection from a local ISP. I have a fixed IPv4 IP address. Yesterday I was browsing the web when suddenly the connection went dead. :cry:

On pinging the host I am getting the below error message:

PING: transmit failed, error code 1232 :-o

Tried rebooting the laptop, refreshing all settings but no avail. Even the light in the cable jack is not blinking.

Rebooted in Safe mode with networking. Now pinging shows a new error message. "Destination host unreachable" :? back to normal boot, now again Error 1232 :evil: also the Network Icon has gone from the system tray. I cant bring it back as the network check box is grayed out now. :-x

Today morning when I booted the PC again in normal mode it took about 15 minutes to boot up. then Vista showed me a message that "A new PCI device has been detected. Windows need to install driver software for that". :shock:

It asked me to insert the disk which has the driver, but I dont have any such disk. I tried to force windows to look into System32 for the driver but it could not find the driver. :hissyfit:

How can I find out whats the problem?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^try a system restore to a day before yesterday or post the exact model of u r laptop u need to re-install the Ethernet driver

OP
MarveL

MarveL

Broken In
^^try a system restore to a day before yesterday or post the exact model of u r laptop u need to re-install the Ethernet driver

Thanks, The problem is fixed now :) laptop connecting to internet again :)
I am not sure what caused the error, but I repaired vista using HP recovery center and everything running fine now :)

Top Bottom