HELP - PC not booting up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Right off the assembly line
I have a Celeron 1.1 machine with MSI motherboard ,128MB SDRAM with nVIDIA video card with 40 GB HDD partitioned into Win98 and XP.However recently the computer on being switched on doesn't boot ie even the BIOS is not getting loaded.The HDD led just glows for some time and the computer just rest as such with no info on the screen.
I have tried the connections to HDD ,FDD ,RAM and SMPS and the monitor cable but can't figure out the problem.Help required urgently. :(

premrajeev

Journeyman
hi..just reset your bios..just open case, check ur mobo near battery for cmos clear /reset jumper, short it (remove the button cell this time,) wait for a minute or so, replace the jumper as b4, put the battery back and restart.go to cmos and set it up as u like.

let me know if this works..

q3_abhi

Youngling
Remove the HDD n then enter the BIOS, try it and see if the BIOS works. U can also reset the BIOS as said by premrajeev. If the BIOS works without HDD, then check ur HDD,mebbe a virus.

Techmastro

Journeyman
Please check your RAM on some other pc
I faced similar problem few days ago
I have got my RAM repaired & now everything is fine.

Please check Your RAM

D

Deleted member 5901

Yea CHECK for Beeps and ur Motherboards name and manufacturer and post the BEEP tone u hear !!!

CHEERS !!!

OP
S

Sky

Right off the assembly line
Men are born to succeed, not fail - Henry David Thoreau
Hi
Thanks to all members for the prompt reply. I have managed to get the errant pc back on line , though with professional help. The problem lied with some of the motherboard capacitors in the power supply ckt.
Since then i have bought a UPS and got the motherboard repaired and things are going smooth. Those threads that u all posted did educate me on many a things.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom