Help on 2.1 sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

super jango

Right off the assembly line
guyz..........i thought of buying a sound card for my 2.1 creative sbs speakers.If i dont get a 2.1 card, can i buy a 5.1 or something? Will buying 5.1 or greater cards affect my speaker's performance?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
No. Even on a 7.1 channel you can use for a 2.1. In common soundcards like asus and soundblaster front is normally used for 2.1 channel. Just select 2.1 channel in the bundled sound card software and you are set.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Depends on which brands and models. I think there is a price list around so check it out. I am using asus xonar dx 7.1 with a temporary altec lansing atp3. You do get soundblaster live value models which are around 1.5k!

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Is there any problem with your integrated motherboard sound?if not its better to stick with it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if the speakers that you have are creative SBS 2.1 then you don't need any dedicated soundcard. The onboard audio should be more than enough.

OP
super jango

super jango

well........when i connect my speakers to the motherboard sound port, only my right speaker and sub woofer works, my left speaker doesnt.
But when i connect the speaker to the front port(headset port) of the cpu, both the speakers works fine.I dont want any wires dangling in front of my cpu.So thought of buying a sound card...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There should be a speaker/mic ports on the back of the pc case- always been there. Mind giving us an idea what kinda system you are using

OP
super jango

super jango

yh.....speaker/ mic port at the back has got the problem i think. the speaker works fine when i connect it to the front headphone ports' sound port.

i bought my system in 2005.....
its acer aspire v4324
amd athlon 64 processor 3200+
1GB DDR RAM
160GB hard drive
nvidia 256MB graphics card

Last edited:

jck

Journeyman
so u can use only a 2.1
if u want to use a 5.1 u need to use a jack splitter to split your one output but i dont know if it will give the surround effect or just play the same sound in front and back speakers

OP
super jango

super jango

well.........i got one intex sound card from a store to try out.......fixed it and installed the drivers..........but only my left speaker and woofer works now!earlier it was the right speaker that wasnt working...........could it be the problem with the speakers then?my speakers are kept close to my CRT monitor and i've heard from someone that you shouldnt keep it close as some magnetic interferences may occur.............could it be the problem?!

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Dont know about the speakers you have but desktop speakers are magnetically shielded and they are supposed to be(atleast the ones I know off). If you have a tv- you can always plug your speakers on the headphone jack and see if the right speakers are working.

OP
super jango

super jango

well..........it works now!!! first the speakers were connected to the green cloured porton the sound card.......i tried connecting it in a black port near it and both strted working fine!!no problems anymore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom