Help no pci-e slot in Asus G31 mobo(p5k pl-am-in)

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
I brought this pc 2 years back without a gpu ,now planned for a upgrade but surprised and horrified to see no presence of pcie slot in my motherboard.
See the attaced pic any solutions for the problem.
If not advice for a new mobo ond gpu.
My Requirements for mobo are support for my intel e5300 cpu on ddr2 ram.
For the gpu- DX 11 support,512 mb ram
my screen resolution is 1920x1080
Psu is 400 w Zebronics
Budget-Rs 5,000 for both gpu and mobo.
For the gpu how are NVIDIA Geforce GT 520 & AMD Radeon HD 6450 for games like starcraft 2 ,civ 5,Upcoming generals 2, Gta 4/5.
All suggestions are welcome ,thanks.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
That board doesn't look like p5k pl-am-in

And Asus G31 mobo have got pcie slot, do post a complete pic of your mobo

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5KPL-AM

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
BTW, that "IN" board (goes without saying its an Indian edition) is one of those stripped down boards. They don't have PCIE slot and southbridge by default (although i can find this model in Asus IN site). You will need another board. You will require a better psu depending on the GPU.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
@V.VAIDYA, Oops your mobo indeed doesn't have the pci-e slot.
You can get yourself a new g41 mobo to suffice that.

@The Sorcerer, thanks mate for that explanation, even i had no idea about the strip version mobo

OP
V.VAIDYA

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
So no hope for the old mobo:-( I feel cheated.
Now Please suggest a motherboard and gpu according to my requirements avobe.

So no hope for the old mobo:-( I feel cheated.
Now Please suggest a motherboard and gpu according to my requirements avobe.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the gpu how are NVIDIA Geforce GT 520 & AMD Radeon HD 6450 for games like starcraft 2 ,civ 5,Upcoming generals 2, Gta 4/5.
You have named three very CPU intensive games.

For Starcraft 2 and Civilization V, really consider getting Core i3-2100. That's going to end up in the whole system getting upgraded.

Anyhow, GPU and a better PSU are a must on the current config if you want to game. The minimum will be GTS 450 @ Rs. 6400 for these games. PSU? Corsair CX430v2 @ 2500 is the minimum.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: You also need to change the PSU. Consider about increasing your budget as motherboard+gpu+psu can't come inside 5K.

Top Bottom