Help ! New to Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Right off the assembly line
I decided to try out "Windows".

I had heard about this from friends of mine ... they said it was the latest greatest.

My first problem was trying to find an ISO that I could download and burn to a CD. I finally figured out that I had to buy a copy ... though I thought there might be a LiveCD available on the web, so I can just take a look at it to see if it was OK for me.

At the store it appears that there are many different versions of Windows ... I ended up with one called Vista something. I was quite surprised with the cost.

I booted up my Laptop with the intent of installing it ... the install appeared to go OK. After rebooted I noticed that the desktop was pretty fancy (though it took a while to stop processing stuff) ...

I was ready to start. Looking through the start menu I noticed that there are not many applications that come with Vista ... I do remember from the installation that I was never prompted to what applications I wanted to install. I would have thought that there would be many applications available since it was on a DVD.

... hmm, this Vista is kinda slow ...

Well, I started with a web browser called IE7 ... since there is no wireless card in my Laptop, I stuck in my USB wireless card ... Vista does not appear to have a driver for it ... as it kept asking me for a driver. I stuck in the CD that came with the wireless card ... Vista told me the driver was not compatible !!!

OK, I will try talking to my Palm Pilot ... so I stuck my USB to Serial converter in (my laptop does not have a serial port) ... again Vista asked me for a driver. Stuck in the CD ... Vista seemed to like that driver. I installed my Palm sync application. As soon as I tried to talk to my Palm, Vista displayed this blue screen with a bunch of messages ... looks like it crashed.

So far I am not too happy with this operating system ... I think I will go back to Linux as it was easier.

Last edited:

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
Welcome to The World Of Windows(Surprising you didnt hear about it)
The reason for your USB Wireless card to not work in vista is that it most probably is old and therefore comes with old driver.Try the latest driver from the providers site.
Better off you should go with windows xp preferred by millions of people.And has support for millions of drivers.

praka123

left this forum longback
satire @penguin? :rolleyes: ?? OMG!stop this!I know you are some supporter of either win or Lin .watch out!your IP can be traced by mods! :D if you login with ur original id,that become very easy :lol:

OP
P

Penguin

Right off the assembly line
^^ Does he look like a supporter of Win...?? :rolleyes: He's obviously a Linboy..! And this is nothing but spam..!

Why do you think its spam? :rolleyes:
Just point out where I am wrong. Its true that I am using Linux for last 10 years or so but I am, by no means, a Linboy. Operating Systems are not my religion.

@ Sparsh007 :
Thanx for suggestion. I will download driver today night and let you know.

praka123

left this forum longback
@penguin:OK!nice to know,I am n00b to Linux :( ,please explain me how to compile a kernel with minimal options?I just need framebuffer drivers :| .since u used it for 10 years,I expect a good answer from you :)

PS:tracing can be easy by looking at the way one post.unknowingly,you will write replies in ur general way :D
yeah,vi$ta is a bomb ;)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
OMG I have to take sarcasm classes from this guy!!!!one11! Sorry if you really are a linux user for 10 years, but I find it really hard to believe.

Okay, so if you used linux for 10 years, can you tell me how to use grope? my linux staff at college talked abt something like that, and I asked this girl near me how to grope and she slapped me. too weird, yeah? guess i'll go back to using windows as it is... um.. better.

praka123

left this forum longback
^did u meant "groff"(troff)? it is a package available :-
*www.gnu.org/software/groff/

OR
*linux.com.hk/penguin/man/1/grope.html

well,Linux is wayyyyyy better ;) after using both ,I can say it without any doubt!.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
being a keralite gives you the right to do that, i suppose xD thats why just the phrase "malayala padam" means pr0n lol

praka123

left this forum longback
^well,it is only in tamilnadu that ppl have a feeling that Malayalees being good looking esp girls,are bombs :rolleyes: I have to say my friend,it is all wrong.we respect more to morality :| .it is those XXX movies you get in cheap video shops who tags all xxx movies as malayalee movie :x .actually it is some lanja from andhra,tn or bombay(nepali) who is showing up!.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Praka123 traces :"malayala padam" actress to Andhra!
"Careful analysis revealed nativity" comments the mallu
Praka123, of the ThinkDigit forums, from Mavuttapuzha, Kerala, has brought to the light the sex scandal, involving the show of non-mallu girls on malayali adult movies. He said that repeated watching and careful analysis of several movies produced authentic proofs of their nativity, and they were portrayed as authentic mallus, while they were not in reality. Several TV channels screened parts of the A rated movies, in order for the viewers to judge himself. As a result of the sudden increase in fame, Praka123 has been called on by several movie producers to verify the "mallucity" of their stars.

Malayala Padam not including mallus?
Angry followers protest!
Traffic was held up today by a large group, majority consisting of Indians, who protested against the show of non-mallu actresses in the so-called "malayala padams". A public outrage echoed within the general adult population, with a sizable minors' gathering too, about this nationwide scandal, which was a result of the spread of outsourcing. "Outside people ask for less money, so we outsource the roles to them, " said Mr. Alapuzha Appachan, a famous adult movie director who wished to remain anonymous.

praka123

left this forum longback
yes dude!do u think shakeela a malayalee?Reshma?charmila?NO NONO! :D
LOL!I think I know the mentality of tamilians and wannabe tams as I had stayed there for more than 5-6 yrs :p I know your culture da!you ppl are simply lollu party!

{edited}

Etho Oru Ponnu Look vitta Udane Ni Nenaipen "Kadhal" :D

yeh!@dheeraj kumar: I think you are shocked to know that!lle?

yes my friend,I can assure you,it is the tamilian way of thinking which needs to be changed.
do u think only blouse and pavada women are wearing?my ignorant friend!it is totally wrong!

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
lol~! I think we can continue discussing this... the OP was spam anyway ... this is more interesting topic xD

lol its you whos analyzing nativities.. not me :) who cares which state who belong to...

yeah we might be lollu party... well some of us are... like sathyaraj :D

and edho oru ponnu patha udane kadhal nu nenappullam varadhu... this is too much... that is what you see in cheap run down old tamil movies, like this hero looks at the girl, she looks at him, just on the road, nothing special place, and you see a cheesy running-around-the-trees song lol. this happens in movies not real life. ippo edho oru ponnu patha we just keep going...

it maybe the tamilian way of thinking that needs to be changed but when the malayali way of portrayal of themselves is what influences tamilians, you can see that both need to be changed :) come on all you see in movies is the nair tea kadai with one middle aged balding nair in a vest pouring tea, and he has a teenage daughter in blouse and pavada whom the hero flirts with. thats so stereotypical!

and i do know malayali people, and im not that ignorant about mallus :)

this shud be moved to the fight club i guess, we're not fighting or anything, and frankly im enjoying the discussion, :D i know so are you :D

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
hehehe.......i think dis linux based penguin went to antartica.
if he/she used linux since 10 years then he/she should have been professor in some college.

damn...he ticks windows after 10 years.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom