Status
Not open for further replies.

pp003

Right off the assembly line
a few months ago,i downloaded templets from ms office online,after which my pc started hanging.though this problem stopped occuring 2-3 days later,but then my antivirus(avg free7.1)started displaying that the boot sector is infected,though it neither solved this problem nor showed any virus that might have been the cause.no other av(windows live one care,mcafee2007)showed any such problem.along with all this the system restore utility also stopped working and when i tried to install the nfs most wanted game it also refused to install sayind that directx9c is not installed though i had updated it through the net.before all this the autopatcher xp provided on digit october 2006 cd also refused to install.i tried to install autopatcher for the 1st time.

Journeyman
if possible remove the office software and see how it runs.... also do a home call @ pccillin scan . then remove the directx ...restart and install directx 9c again. if those r ok then install others .......... use fsecure ...best best antivirus .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom