Help needed selecting a LCD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^LOL....he already bought the LCD.
OOPS, guess I'm a bit hyper now, my RIG is just around the corner, first time to play DMC4 maxed out in a 22" LCD (I hate Crysis, just so sick of it, man I need something new. Eg-GTA4)

imgame2

Padawan
How's Dell vs View Sonic in performance terms keeping VFM in mind?

its really difficult to say about the performance difference cos looking at something everyone can have a different perceptions..and there are no set criterions...but LCD monitors these days are becoming good ..i haven't heard any problem of pixels or anything of that sort ..so far ...backlight could be a problem in few monitors ...

but keeping VFM apart ..i think dell can be at the most 7~10 % better ..and thats a bit stretched i guess ..thats maximum...and its my guess i have no theory or link to support this point !

there is not a difference of day or night between any monitors that are out there ...so anyone who would be buying viewsonic will be very satisfied ..and wouldn't find a difference in picture quality unless both monitors dell and viewsonic are kept side by side ..i can tell u this cos our friends tried this out ...and yes u can say we don't have perfect eye for difference ..but yes thats what is the case with average user ...i for being one average user...

so considering these fact ..i think if anyone on stiff budget.....should go for viewsonic 22" by all means i mean they are available for about 12.5k these days ..thats like about 2k less ...its the same thing ...2k more for may be 5% or 7% or 10% (far stretched) better on dell ..VFM

but in 19" the obvious choice should be dell ...cos there is no price difference ...

tkin

Back to school!!
its really difficult to say about the performance difference cos looking at something everyone can have a different perceptions..and there are no set criterions...but LCD monitors these days are becoming good ..i haven't heard any problem of pixels or anything of that sort ..so far ...backlight could be a problem in few monitors ...

but keeping VFM apart ..i think dell can be at the most 7~10 % better ..and thats a bit stretched i guess ..thats maximum...and its my guess i have no theory or link to support this point !

there is not a difference of day or night between any monitors that are out there ...so anyone who would be buying viewsonic will be very satisfied ..and wouldn't find a difference in picture quality unless both monitors dell and viewsonic are kept side by side ..i can tell u this cos our friends tried this out ...and yes u can say we don't have perfect eye for difference ..but yes thats what is the case with average user ...i for being one average user...

so considering these fact ..i think if anyone on stiff budget.....should go for viewsonic 22" by all means i mean they are available for about 12.5k these days ..thats like about 2k less ...its the same thing ...2k more for may be 5% or 7% or 10% (far stretched) better on dell ..VFM

but in 19" the obvious choice should be dell ...cos there is no price difference ...
+1 to that, and Wish you a Very Very Happy Diwali, imgame2.

imgame2

Padawan
+1 to that, and Wish you a Very Very Happy Diwali, imgame2.
i thought u are going away for durga pooja ...did not know u will be going away till diwali ...but happy durga puja and happy diwali to u ...if that is the case ...:):)

paraman

Journeyman
i bought the Dell SE2008WFP!!!!!!!
here is the pic!

Congrats on your buy. Even I am considering the Dell SE2008WFP. I have a couple of questions to ask on this.

1. Which vga card do you use? I currently have a 7600GT. I wonder whether it will be enough to run the monitor at its native resolution of 1680x1050.

2. The screen is glossy on this monitor. How much does the glare bother you? Is it a big issue?

TIA!

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@paraman
1.sry i cant help you here since i have not got my ordered Sapphire HD4850 card yet and im using my old system.ill get my card within 2 days hopefully so ill let you know.
2.glare shouldn't be an issue coz with the sunlight rays falling on my monitor im able to adjust.

------
and guys i have a Q!
the text and images on my screen are not sharp and focused...is it because im using my OLD 64MB on board VGA card @ 1680*900?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Congrats on your buy. Even I am considering the Dell SE2008WFP. I have a couple of questions to ask on this.

1. Which vga card do you use? I currently have a 7600GT. I wonder whether it will be enough to run the monitor at its native resolution of 1680x1050.

2. The screen is glossy on this monitor. How much does the glare bother you? Is it a big issue?

TIA!

1. SURE. Even a 7300GT should do it. 7600GT will be a good companion for the LCD.
2. Not a big issues unless u sit directly opposite to a tube-light :D.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
@paraman
1.sry i cant help you here since i have not got my ordered Sapphire HD4850 card yet and im using my old system.ill get my card within 2 days hopefully so ill let you know.
2.glare shouldn't be an issue coz with the sunlight rays falling on my monitor im able to adjust.

------
and guys i have a Q!
the text and images on my screen are not sharp and focused...is it because im using my OLD 64MB on board VGA card @ 1680*900?

Try Clear type...it helped me a lot......sharp and focusd is what u want rite...then go as i said..google.CLEAR TYPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom