help needed, new laptop , budget 22k

rajasekhar911

Broken In
Hi

one of my friend is planning to buy a laptop .
His budget is only 22K . Have you guys came across any
good laptop in this price ? (i am not looking for a netbook)

I have answered the questionnaire below, but it won't be much useful as the only limiting factor is the price

Help Much appreciated .
Thanks

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs.22000

2) What size notebook would you prefer? == anything other than netbook
a. Netbook; 10” screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? == INDIA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
None

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Movies , Docs, Browsing ....

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Probably both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
No

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
3Hrs
More the merrier , right ?

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
== prefer to see the notebook

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
== anything

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
== anything

trying to select from these

Asus X Series X52F-EX1408D Laptop Without Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

HP Notebook HP 430( Core i3) Laptop Without Carry Case: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

HP Presario CQ43 Series CQ43-200TU Laptop Without Carry Case: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

HP Presario CQ57 Series CQ57-200TU Laptop Without Carry Case: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

sbsignin

Right off the assembly line
Give a try to Asus Eee PC 1215b with amd350 (1.66GHz) 2gb ram....
go to ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee- ASUS Eee PC 1215B

Krow

Crowman
A better option would be the HP dm1z (model no dm1-4003au now AFAIK, used to be 3210au and 3014au). Around 22k, 11.6" screen. More power than all netbooks in the market. It is more like a low-power laptop. Very upgrade friendly and can run most low-end games too. I play a lot of indie games and even PES 2010 on it. It plays HD very well too. It is pretty light weight at 1.6kg.

If you are fine with the small screen size (11.6"), then go for it.

Zaysen

Broken In
Asus X Series X52F-EX1408D is available for Rs 18500/- at Nehru Place Delhi. Toshiba C600-P4012 is available on flipKart for Rs 18490/-.In Toshiba Store,Nehru Place the same is available for Rs 20,500/-. If the needs are very limited then a Celeron B800 Model of Lenovo is available for 19749/- on Flipkart. Please note that at present Lenovo is the only company who's laptops run Windows XP and they give driver CD with it. All other models run only Windows 7.Avoid Compaq models as the motherboard gives trouble after one year warranty is over.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-I4014 Laptop Without Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook
HP Notebook HP 430 ( 2nd Gen Ci3) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Worth the extra 2k.

OP
R

rajasekhar911

Broken In
Hi guys,

thanks for your help ..
going ahead with the HP model .

HP Notebook HP 430( Core i3) Laptop Without Carry Case: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

thanks again

drjamit

Broken In
A better option would be the HP dm1z (model no dm1-4003au now AFAIK, used to be 3210au and 3014au). Around 22k, 11.6" screen. More power than all netbooks in the market. It is more like a low-power laptop. Very upgrade friendly and can run most low-end games too. I play a lot of indie games and even PES 2010 on it. It plays HD very well too. It is pretty light weight at 1.6kg.

If you are fine with the small screen size (11.6"), then go for it.

Please advice brand name and speed for a 4gb RAM for this 4003 au, i just bought yesterday for 22k from nehru place. Thanks

Krow

Crowman
My Dear I asked for RAM config so that i buy and upgrade, like transcend 1333 , 4gb or kingston 1033 like that

Corsair rams have a 10 year warranty if I remember correctly. Transcend modules come with a lifetime warranty, which is the life of the product as defined by the manufacturer. That would be around three years. Plus Corsair is supposed to have better after sales service.

drjamit

Broken In
Corsair rams have a 10 year warranty if I remember correctly. Transcend modules come with a lifetime warranty, which is the life of the product as defined by the manufacturer. That would be around three years. Plus Corsair is supposed to have better after sales service.

Thanks a lot dear.

Top Bottom