Help needed in selecting a good sound card - speaker combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
blackleopard92 said:
@deathvirus_me: lol, u are comparing ATP3 with inspire 5200! ATP3 sells for 2.2k! it's quality is around greater than that of inspire 2100. to which it is compared.

and as for sound quality, u come to my home and listen to MX5021, then u will know what sound quality is all about.

as for the thread poster, if u want to listen to music, then go for 2.1. nothing better than 2.1 for music. altec lansing MX5021/6021 represent the best u can have for music. these ofcourse need a sound card to bring out their true potential, and creative audigy 2 ZS does fine for me.
Yes totally agree with you on that count altec lansing mx 5021 is the best 2.1 on sale today and mine runs fine on onboard sound too,ok saud I got mine for 8.1k in delhi you can expect one for rs 7500.
yeah
i totally agree with u

most music is stereo encoded
me too have mx5021 & audiligy2 & thompson hi fi amplifier
nothing cheap 5.1 set can meet mx5021 in 5.1 u atleast need z-5300 or z-5500 14-06-2007 09:48 PM
How have you connected the altec lansing mx 5021 to an amplifier since they are powered speakers have you only connected the satellites to the amplifier since the subwoofer has its own amplifier.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
aneesh kalra said:
How have you connected the altec lansing mx 5021 to an amplifier since they are powered speakers have you only connected the satellites to the amplifier since the subwoofer has its own amplifier.

dear
i have a thompson hifi set without speakers (it has huge in built amp)
as hifi speakers were damaged in transition i use mx5021 thru. headphone jack of hifi to aux in of mx5021.hifi is vcd/mp3/acd/fm capable
and my main music source is fm (fever104) and music albums..

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
ax3 said:
Creative Audigy 2 ZS is the best ............ & try getting or reading the article from digit mag where AGENT001 goes shopping 4 Sound Cards @ lamington road .....

Which month dude???????

blackleopard92

In the zone
saud_khan said:
Around 8k for 2.1 Speaker set...............are they worth it???
these are the best u can have. sounds comming from these babies are simply outta this world. in fact, when someone comes to your home and listen to these, they will usually phone u afterwards that they can't listen to bull$hit that is comming from there speakers now! :D

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
blackleopard92 said:
these are the best u can have. sounds comming from these babies are simply outta this world. in fact, when someone comes to your home and listen to these, they will usually phone u afterwards that they can't listen to bull$hit that is comming from there speakers now! :D
BUt i think he shud go for FX 5051 which retails for the same price as an FX 6021(MX 5021 hv been phased out) .

Also , the FX 5051 doesn't need a dedicated sound card coz it can work directly through USB .

saud , i suggest u got for Altec Lansing FX 5051 :)

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
BUt i think he shud go for FX 5051 which retails for the same price as an FX 6021(MX 5021 hv been phased out) .

Also , the FX 5051 doesn't need a dedicated sound card coz it can work directly through USB .

saud , i suggest u got for Altec Lansing FX 5051 :)

Is the MX 5021 still available at Lamington Road?????????

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Lol ... for the price of the MX5021 , i'd rather go for a Creative Inspire T6060 , along with a Audigy 2 ZS .... anyway .. seems i'm really talking to FOOLs here who prefer 2.1 (which doesn't even exist) with 5.1 .... no matter what company they belong to ...

OP
S

saud_khan

Broken In
deathvirus_me said:
Lol ... for the price of the MX5021 , i'd rather go for a Creative Inspire T6060 , along with a Audigy 2 ZS .... anyway .. seems i'm really talking to FOOLs here who prefer 2.1 (which doesn't even exist) with 5.1 .... no matter what company they belong to ...

Any comments people??????????

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
deathvirus_me said:

Dude MX 5021 is the best .. If u can buy .. A 5.1 like T6060 cannot withstand its amazing sound quality..

Note: MX5021 sheer performance none can beat it fro audiophile.
5.1 cheap for show off and low performance do not compare it with MX5021 :p

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
saud_khan said:
Is the MX 5021 still available at Lamington Road?????????
but MX 5021 have been officially discontinued by Altec Lansing .

ALso , FX 5051 are 5.1 apeakers with buil-in SOund card so they'll work perfectly via USB n you won't have to buy an external sound card.

deathvirus_me said:
well 2.1 is The Best as long as you only want to hear music but for other things yeah , 5.1 has an edge .

that's why i suggested him Altec Lansing MX 5051 which r 5.1 Speakers

gannu_rox

In the zone
Well M a Creative user fer sometime n hav experienced frm d straight humble Sb series to d gigaworks...

Inspire 5.1 T6060 sux; heard it... N had a better xp with Altecs..

D best VFM wud be MX5051

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
gannu_rox said:
Well M a Creative user fer sometime n hav experienced frm d straight humble Sb series to d gigaworks...

Inspire 5.1 T6060 sux; heard it... N had a better xp with Altecs..

D best VFM wud be MX5051

No dude VFM no MX 5021 its pricey people pay for it cause its best .. I have 10k for speaker I won't buy 5.1 anyday cause the boss Z550 D cost 25 k :eek: So MX 5021 the way is urs ;)

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
deathvirus_me said:

nasty words.............
boy whom did u called FOOLS.........????
MX5021 owners......???

then i believe u dont even understand what quality sound is all about
INSPIRE are weakest speakers in any segment

people buy cheap road side shirts for rs 150 but guys also buy branded shirts for rs 1000

then what dou u think of that???

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
vivekbabbudelhi said:
nasty words.............
boy whom did u called FOOLS.........????
MX5021 owners......???

Read my post again ... and this time a bit more carefully

vivekbabbudelhi said:
then i believe u dont even understand what quality sound is all about
INSPIRE are weakest speakers in any segment

Hmmm ... ok .. i don't understand .. can u help me in details what "quality" sound means ?? ... and this goes for all who claims about "quality" sound from their speakers ... plz. explain ... i may be wrong .. so educate me ...

people buy cheap road side shirts for rs 150 but guys also buy branded shirts for rs 1000

If only computer peripherals would be same like the one of ur example .. ... so according to u , getting a 7900GT and oc'ing to 7900GTX speeds is worse than getting a 7900GTX .... hmmm ..

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
deathvirus_me said:
as far as i can percept ur post i can see u called all those people fools who prefer 2.1(even if its a damn piece like mx 5021) over 5.1 no matter what company they belong to ...

and by saying that 5.1 no matter what company they belong to ... you took some crap like intex , techcom & frontech in account too..

and for u guys who buy hi end 2.1 klipsch sets too are fools

so what do you wanna say is that for the price of the MX5021 , a Creative Inspire T6060 along with a Audigy 2 ZS would be worth buy..

its some thing like this "a guy buys a branded shirt for rs 1000/- other guy says i would prefer to buy a shirt & a trouser combo for rs 1000/- ....isn’t it like that?????

Another thing let me explain you what quality really means for me

quality is an inner feeling of pride something like that when u wear a park avenue attire & go to ur office

music quality means having a good rms set (90w for mx5021), a respectable brand (altec), respect giving genuine reviews(chip n digit for india),damn good looks that blend with interiors, boast & flaunt factors(like thx ) and most a top notch music playback capability

all above factors coupled with an original music album cd like konvicted satisfies one's inner pride and he calls it sheer quality

Pirated mp3's don’t dignify people but genuine albums do and that’s all sheer quality according to me

My advice for u "mature ur opinion for others boy , don’t use phrases like 'FOOLS' for others"

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
its some thing like this "a guy buys a branded shirt for rs 1000/- other guy says i would prefer to buy a shirt & a trouser combo for rs 1000/- ....isn’t it like that?????

U've got a extra liking for shirt and pants or what ??? And try to relate everything to it ??

music quality means having a good rms set (90w for mx5021), a respectable brand (altec), respect giving genuine reviews(chip n digit for india),damn good looks that blend with interiors, boast & flaunt factors(like thx ) and most a top notch music playback capability

OMG .. this is probably the height of insanity ... "quality music" judged by brand , reviews , looks , boast and flaunt factors ??? Then why get the speakers at all ?? Get some Bose headphones na .. lol ...

Go and learn something about "Sound" first particularly the about digital sound ... if u really have to test speakers .. then u should try some analog devices , and not digital outs ... if u use crappy onboard sound along with Altec Lansing .. i'll bet my whole life over the fact that a different combo (T6060 + Audigy 2 ZS duhh !!) will provide a much better alternative .. COZ OF THE BETTER SOUND DSP ... and since ur AL only has to 'portray' the sound rather than 'producing' it ... can you plz. explain me why the hell u still prefer the AL with onboard audio ??? And even worse is the fact that most here listen to MP3 rather than uncompressed audio .. lol .. i wonder if ur onboard sound can upmix mp3's !!!!

Its more like - i wasted my money , so i'll die trying to defend it ... and not ur favourite shirt and pant case ... loads of people do it ..

Wasting money is not a problem for me ... but i rather waste my money sensibly .. and particularly in case of computer peripherals ... and plz. stop comparing everything to shirts and pants ...

Oh btw .. do check the Creative T6060 speakers .. i mean .. its does have good reviews , looks and aesthetics ..!!! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom