Help needed in Installation

trilip_gohain

Broken In
Hi, I have an Compaq CQ41 216TU laptop, with Intel Core i3 Processor, 320 GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 RAM, WIndows 7. I have a dynamic disk with 100 MB reserved, and 3 partitions. I want to install Fedora 13 onto my laptop, but couldn't find any way to make free partition for LINUX. I have even tried with Eauses Partition Manager, but the only thing that I find enabled in it is convert to basic type. The partition doesn't gets showed up in it. Can Linux be installed in an dynamic disk?
Could someone help me out in making partition out of my hard drive for Linux, and hhow to install Fedora in it? Need and immediate help.

Regards,
Trilip

abhijangda

Padawan
why dont u use fedora own partition manager, when u r going through the
installation process, then fedora will ask for partitions, then just create them.

OP
T

trilip_gohain

Broken In
I have 30 GB of unallocated space on my hard drive. But still Fedora prompts that there is no free space available. So, I am stuck.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
Dynamic disk is 100MB means if he needs more space then automatically this 100MB can be 200MB or even more depends on his HDD size.

hunch

Right off the assembly line
At the time of installing Fedora mount the root partition that is / on this 30GB unallocated drive and format it as ext3.
Hope this will help

OP
T

trilip_gohain

Broken In
Thanks everyone for the help. Finally its done, and fedora 13 got installed. I converted my disk to basic type. Then used Gparted to convert the last partition to extended. And then made one logical partition and kept the remaining free space for use by Linux. After that Fedora was able to detect the free space on my hard drive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom