Help needed in configuring 2 computers

saurabh_190

Broken In
Hi

I am having problem in configuring my 2 PCs. I have a desktop with Windows XP prof and a laptop with Windows 7 HP. The desktop PC is connect to the internet through a modem which is further connected to a router. I connect my laptop to the internet through the router ( D link DIR-600 ). Now I want to set up a simple Ad-hoc connection b/w these 2 PCs so that I can wirelessly access my desktop from my laptop, share files b/w the two, view videos directly from my desktop to my laptop or vice versa, play multiplayer games, give printing commands to the printer which is attached to my desktop PC etc. I have been using a software " Team Viewer " to connect to my desktop through my laptop and then share files b/w the two but it limits me. I want a direct connection b/w the two without any third party software with faster access speeds. How can I do that ?
Awaiting for your reply. :|

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
I assume that ur laptop connects to the same router through Wi-Fi and destop through Ethernet so they should have the same ip address range so just enabling file sharing on the pcs will do the job if required set the IP address manually generally it will be 192.168.1.1 range

OP
S

saurabh_190

Broken In
Yes they both are connected on the same network. But I don't think that file sharing will allow me to control my torrents on the desktop through my laptop ??

Top Bottom