Help needed from SE w700i users

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi All

I had 1 GB card on my SE 700i . But when i update songs thru PC they dont appear in Walkman list...although they appear in File manager -->Sounds. I tried switching off and on . but nothing happens.. Can u suggest any trick to rectify this error or suggest a new software :)

Thanks...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
MP3 format sounds should appear in Walkman list. You might have downloaded format not suppoted by media player(walkman). One of example being AMR format. This format is playable from file manager but not from Media player. Hence it will not be visible.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
nahin yaar...they are of mp3 format..although some are of mp4 ...but they dont appear in walkman list :( is there any way so that walkman can also detect songs on the card ?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Media player should detect songs on the card. I guess the card is not connected properly. So the phone is unable to access files on memory card. Did you check any other file like jpg, etc on memory card visible in phone?
Or Check out the phone status..is it showing Phone and Card memory separately?

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
This is because the files you uploaded do not have ID3 tags. If you want the files to appear in music player, follow the steps

1. Create a folder called "Songs" say in Sounds folder.
2. Create one more folder "mp3 songs" in the Songs folder (this folder is for album and the previous one is for artist)
3. Now, open the properties of each of your mp3 files (on your HDD) and.. go to summary tag and add Artist and album for each of them. They should be same as the names of the folders you just created.

Now you can safely transfer all your mp3 songs to the mp3 songs folder. They will appear in the albums list of your musicplayer.

If you want to prevent this tiresome task of editing ID3 tags, you can transfer your mp3 songs through the sony ericsson PC suite that was provided with your mobile.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
place the songs in MP3 folder in root of memory stick or place them in this format: <memstick>\Music\<Artist>\<Album\<MP3 files>

also if u haf audio mp4, then rename them to .m4a

Aberforth

The Internationalist
esumitkumar said:
Hi All

I had 1 GB card on my SE 700i . But when i update songs thru PC they dont appear in Walkman list...although they appear in File manager -->Sounds. I tried switching off and on . but nothing happens.. Can u suggest any trick to rectify this error or suggest a new software :)

Thanks...

Sony Ericsson Walkman recognises folders in music folder in a Artist/Album/Title folder format. The Disc2Phone software automatically does it.

*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in...zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10437&fid=20518&esi=true

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Yaar yehi to problem hai..D2P isnt getting installed even after downloading .NET from MS site :(

See this...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43034

Aberforth

The Internationalist
D2p won't work with .NET version 2.0 or 3.0. It works wth .NET 1.1 which it should download by itself. I could give you a copy of .NET 1.1 if that is fine or alternatively you can use this software, id3tofolder from *www.download.com/Id3ToFolder/3000-2141_4-10515862.html?tag=lst-0-6
Its a 260 KB single file, unzip it and run it. Set the settings

Create folders for... - Artist
Subfolders... - Album
Format of Album Folders - %a
Do not delete source files - Checked
Change Filenames - Unchecked
Destination - <your memory stick>/music

Then add directory or files as you wish from the add...options and click start. It will be done. Make sure your Artist and Album id3 tags are filled so that you don't get those 'No Artist', 'No Album' names in your playlist. You can use iTunes to edit your id3 tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom