Help Needed For Monitor Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergeist

Broken In
Greetings,
I own a monitor,somewhat new i guess.

The Problem.

For the past few months i am having a slight problem with my monitor.

Whenever i boot the system the display on my monitor covers only 8 inches at the centre of the screen.

The display is bent towards the inside like a concave lens at the edges.Also it keeps on flickering at the edges.

The right side is blank so is the left side.I cannot use the monitor controls to expand the display.

What i have noticed is that after a few minutes the display flickers for a few minutes and then automatically covers the whole screen.

But sometimes i have to bang on the table where the monitor is kept for it to cover full screen.

What I Have Done.

As i said before the problem starts when i boot my computer so i dont think the BIOS is at fault,and i also installed a new OS but even then the fault persists,so no driver problem there.

Then i removed all the wire connections,moved all the electronic devices like mobile etc, and then just connected the monitor and the power cable,but to no avail.

Any help\suggestions welcome.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Your monitor has a dry solder point or a loose connection inside, probably in what is called the pincushion correction circuit. A detailed explanation will be quite lengthy and this forum is not really the proper place for that.

It has nothing to do with your BIOS, driver or interference from external causes. It's a job for an electronics service technician and shouldn't be too difficult for an experienced tech.

Your case is somewhat unusual in that it's defective at first and then becomes OK after some time. It's usually the reverse - when the set has warmed up, metal expands and defective connection points lose contact. But cases like yours happen occasionally.

pimpom said:
Your case is somewhat unusual in that it's defective at first and then becomes OK after some time. It's usually the reverse - when the set has warmed up, metal expands and defective connection points lose contact. But cases like yours happen occasionally.

I've had similar problems in the past with a Compaq MV50 and Gateway EV700 monitors. Usually a tight slap on the side fixed the problem temporarily. It's due to dry soldering like you said.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom