Help needed building up a Gaming PC

Octi

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Heavy gaming, Battlefield 3, NFS MW, MP3, GTA V, COD MW3, Skyrim, Metro 2033, crysis 2 at ultra settings HD resolutions 1080p. Besides that i'll be using these softwares for my work - Photoshop cs 6, Adobe premiere pro, coral draw, Final cut pro and many more software's i forgot the names :D

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Around 80-85 k , can extend till 90k but if the total stays in 80-85 then it will be awesome cuz i'll be buying games too :D

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, beside gaming i'll be doing some other heavy stuff too so i guess it's required.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7, Which one is best ultimate or home premium cuz im buying it so i need my money to be put in right place.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 gb is okay for now, i'll be adding the 1TBs and the ssd's later.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Anywhere around 22-24 inches,resolution of 1920*1080.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard, mouse and speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next month 1st week. Or if i get the desired money before that then in this month only :D

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Haven't built one, but shouldn't be a problem.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi. Yes from Nehru Place. If they don't have the stuff that i need then i can go for online shopping.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I need some clarification on the cpu coolers, as i'm going to overclock my cpu to 4.2 to 4.5 GHz so should i go for a liquid cpu cooler or air cooler ?

This is what i've came up with till now by reading the forums.

Processor :- Intel core i5 2500k

Motherboard :- Asus P8Z68 M Pro

Cpu Cooler :- Antec Kuhler h20 620

GPU :- Zotac GTX 670 amp edition

RAM :- Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

HDD :- WD Caviar Blue 500gb

DVD writer :- ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD

PSU :- Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2UK

Case :- NZXT Switch 810

UPS :- apc 1.1kva

Monitor :- Dell 22inch LED - ST2220L

I know the build that i have made it overshoots my budget :D
Please tell me if i'm going wrong somewhere.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Get a Cheaper Cabinet Like Cooler Master HAF 922 @ 7K or Get Corsair Carbide 400R @ 5K .
Get a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ @ 2K . That will Easily Hit 4.5 GHZ . Rest is Fine .
Dont expect to OC the CPU Like Crazy . It can easily do 4.2 GHZ to 4.5 GHZ.

OP
O

Octi

Broken In
The thing is i want a classy looking full tower case, carbide is out of my league :D

and how's the motherboard is it a good overclocker ?

panwala95

In the zone
why are you going for a zotac gtx 670
its a horrible brand with even worse cooling
you should consider this one-
Asus NVIDIA GTX 670 DC2 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
why are you going for a zotac gtx 670
its a horrible brand with even worse cooling
you should consider this one-
Asus NVIDIA GTX 670 DC2 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Who said it is horrible brand??
BTW the cooler on Zotac Amp! edition is best custom cooler for GTX 670
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 AMP! Edition 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Here I can clearly see that the ASUS card runs 3C hotter thn the OCed Asus card.

@op
Don't go by full tower/mid tower kinda things
But this might help
Three Giants: Cooler Master Cosmos 1000, Corsair Obsidian 800D and Lian Li PC-X2000 - X-bit labs

Top Bottom