Status
Not open for further replies.

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Hello Experts,

I am now Turned From Windows to Ubuntu

here is a prob i hav knowledge about linux and i am using ADSL modem direct Lan internet Connection, and realtek fast ethernet

prob no.1 - Drivers For Lan Card And how To install them

prob No.2 - How can i connect Internet in ubuntu (in Xp & Vista i was Using> control pannel/network connections/create a new connection/connect to internet/set up my connection manualy/connect using a broadband connection that is always on<)

ye upar wale tareke se main internet chalu karta hu linux main kese karna hai :confused:

thanks in advance

and Ubuntu is looking better than Win. and i dont want to turn to win. but if the prob will not solve :-( may be i will go to win.:-(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Goto Applications > Apps > Terminal and type "lspci" (without quotes) in the command line.

Then copy paste the output here. We'll first see if you even need to install the lan card drivers or just need to configure your adsl connection :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Lolz,
Dude, he gave you more than clear instructions on what to do,
Open terminal from the Applications menu and type in it "lspci", with no quotes.
And post the output.

praka123

left this forum longback
Menu in Top Panel >Press Applications>Accessories>Terminal. enter the command "lspci" without quotes and press enter.see the output in the terminal. with left mouse,select all of the output and copy paste here in the forum BTW, also show the output of command "ifconfig" if it has eth0;eth.. something up,you can install ubuntu by running &sudo pppoeconf in terminal or in menu System tools>ADSL/PPPOE configuration . If you have your internet configured in your router(ie,dataone username and password entered in modem/router) and you have always ON connection, you can access the internet in Linux by enabling dhcp via menu System>administration>network(give ur user login password when prompted). select "wired connxn" and click properties and enable "dhcp".thats it. now u may be able to have internet if ur using router pppoe dialer. else,you have to use first method. also,dont use this bold letters.

Last edited:
OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
Menu in Top Panel >Press Applications>Accessories>Terminal. enter the command "lspci" without quotes and press enter.see the output in the terminal. with left mouse,select all of the output and copy paste here in the forum BTW, also show the output of command "ifconfig" if it has eth0;eth.. something up,you can install ubuntu by running &sudo pppoeconf in terminal or in menu System tools>ADSL/PPPOE configuration . If you have your internet configured in your router(ie,dataone username and password entered in modem/router) and you have always ON connection, you can access the internet in Linux by enabling dhcp via menu System>administration>network(give ur user login password when prompted). select "wired connxn" and click properties and enable "dhcp".thats it. now u may be able to have internet if ur using router pppoe dialer. else,you have to use first method. also,dont use this bold letters.

suyash@suyash-desktop:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
01:01.0 Ethernet controller: Hangzhou Silan Microelectronics Co., Ltd. Unknown device 2031 (rev 01)
01:05.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
suyash@suyash-desktop:~$ ipconfig
bash: ipconfig: command not found
suyash@suyash-desktop:~$

praka said:
"If you have your internet configured in your router(ie,dataone username and password entered in modem/router) and you have always ON connection"

yes my Modem is Configured
drivers are making problem i hav sent details of command.:)

praka123

left this forum longback
^congratulations!:D you are one of the very few who got "silan" controller aka cheap Intex/D-link fake Realtek lan card?

you most prolly needs to recompile the kernel for supporting silan ethernet controller :evil:
This card is supported in 2.6.x kernels but u need to enable the support while compiling.there is no need to install any drivers comes with the CD calling "linux driver"-actually those drivers are for 2.4.x kernels.

I'll check and make sure if there is any modules available for supporting this cards.
BTW,check these links:
*vishalmanohar.wordpress.com/2007/07/07/configuring-hangzhou-silan-on-ubuntu-linux/
*vishalmanohar.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/trouble-with-fake-lan-card/

OP
S

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
praka bro here is miracle happen i didnt do any thing and both lan cards working automatically well and i am sending this post via ubuntu

and i didnt do any setting in os and internet also performing well

but lil slow :D:D

now audio driver prob

he he he sorry for trouble but i am happy with linux

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^ur really lucky :D normally,a kernel re-compile will be needed to have this module supporting silan enabled :) .so,ubuntu seems supporting silan cards!
gr8!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
here is a prob i hav knowledge about linux and i am using ADSL modem direct Lan internet Connection, and realtek fast ethernet

prob no.1 - Drivers For Lan Card And how To install them

prob No.2 - How can i connect Internet in ubuntu (in Xp & Vista i was Using> control pannel/network connections/create a new connection/connect to internet/set up my connection manualy/connect using a broadband connection that is always on<)

I have the same configuration as yours. As long as your modem uses the Ethernet port then when you turn on your machine you should be automatically connected to it. Or at least thats how I connect to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom