Help me with a config. Budget- 60k

Technogeared007

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: The main purpose of the computer will be decent gaming, video rendering, watching movies, and surfing the web. I want games like even Watch_Dogs to work, so I'd prefer a decent GPU.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: My budget shouldn't exceed 60k. Balanced config within 60k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: I guess I'll just use Win 7 regularly and MAYBE Win 8.1 at some point of time, but not anytime soon. Don't include the price of Windows in the config, I am not looking to buy original Windows.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, I do want to buy a monit. Full HD. 22"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I would want to buy all the parts except UPS.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: I'm looking to buy the system in 2-4 days as soon as I decide upon a rig worth the price.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I've built a rig before but still this will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in New Delhi, and most probably I will be buying from SMC International, Nehru Place. Maybe I can buy small parts like RAM and stuff which I can install myself easily if they're cheaper online than I'm getting them in retail.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Just that, please help me as quick as possible and thanks :D

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4570 -13300,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz -5300,
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB -14800,
Corsair GS600 -4500,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Dell S2240L LED IPS 22" -8200,
Deepcool TESSERACT -2700,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -60,000.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Intel Core i5 4570 -13300,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz -5300,
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB -14800,
Corsair GS600 -4500,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3800,
Dell S2240L LED IPS 22" -8200,
Deepcool TESSERACT -2700,
Logitech MK200 -800.
TOTAL -60,000.

great rig, but a 600W PSU? :confused:

@OP get a Sandisk 32GB SSD @2k for faster boot up :D

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Hmm, that is what I was thinking.. a 600W PSU?
And no mate, I don't need a SSD since this rig is for my friend and he is not too much into computers and time doesn't matter for him..
All he wants is to play games and do stuff like watch movies, surf web, etc..

joshuac

Right off the assembly line
Since the OP has also mentioned about video rendering along with gaming... I would suggest thinkdigit's 60k config (amd)

ProcessorAMD FX 832010,400
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO2,600
MotherboardAsus M5A97 R2.07,300
MemoryCorsair XMS3 4 GB 1600 MHz2,600
Graphics CardAsus Direct CU II Top R9 270X15,500
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 5205,100
CabinetAntec X12,500
Internal StorageWD Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD4,000
Optical DriveAsus DRW 24B3ST DVD R/W1,000
MonitorDell S2240L8,500
KeyboardLogitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Mouseincluded in combo0
Total60,300

or if OP wants Intel only config then bavusani's recommendation is fine

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
I consulted with my friend and he said that Video Rendering won't be done in near future, say 4-5 years at least and is not even too important. Also, he says he'd like to go with the Intel rig than the AMD rig. Instead he says that he'd do Photoshop which I personally think won't make much difference.
He also says that he'd not want some basic M and KB, instead he'd like some fancy Combo but not gaming and some 'sexy' looking Cabinet with a good air flow within 3-4k...
I'm sorry for all the change in requirements.. I really am.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I consulted with my friend and he said that Video Rendering won't be done in near future, say 4-5 years at least and is not even too important. Also, he says he'd like to go with the Intel rig than the AMD rig. Instead he says that he'd do Photoshop which I personally think won't make much difference.
He also says that he'd not want some basic M and KB, instead he'd like some fancy Combo but not gaming and some 'sexy' looking Cabinet with a good air flow within 3-4k...

a 'sexy' looking cabinet with good airflow in 3-4k is impossible. The cheapest is NZXT guardian, but it isnt great for airflow.
If you friends wants a good looking KB&M, i'll say go with CM Devastator, i use it myself and the KB is great and the mouse is good too.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

for cabinet look at corsair spec 03 /01. for k/b and mouse, you can consider Cooler master Devastator combo.

You do you don't want an AMD rig?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Simply save Rs 1000 by getting yourself a R9 270 OC Boost from Sapphire rather than the 270X and park that money on a better cabinet or mouse kb combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom