Help me use utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaybc

Youngling
I have a BSNL broadband connection which uses UTStar ADSL 2+ modem/Router.Recently in utorrent I noticed a small caution icon and when I mouse hover over it it says no connections and suggests to change network settings.Because of this my download rates also are suffering.Please help me.:confused:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
ajaybc said:
I have a BSNL broadband connection which uses UTStar ADSL 2+ modem/Router.Recently in utorrent I noticed a small caution icon and when I mouse hover over it it says no connections and suggests to change network settings.Because of this my download rates also are suffering.Please help me.:confused:

Try switching on DHT. This will help you get more connections (Seeders + leechers)
And that caution icon is displayed when your port is not forwarded properly. Try enteringf any random number (4 digits atleast) and check whether it is forwarded or not.:D

prasad_den

Padawan
Go to
*www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm
Select your router...
Next click on the application for which you need to forward the ports in the page that opens (utorrent in your case)
Follow all the instructions..

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
Thank u Prasad. My router is shown there and I tried to do whatevr they told me.
But their router config interface is very different from mine.Mine has got no portforwarding in advanced options.:(
I even searched for firmware upgrades but even that is not available.Damn that BSNL and UT star goes to hell!!!!!
Please suggest any other way if there is any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom