Help me upgrade my PC.

adzzz

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I would like to use this PC for mostly gaming. I would like to play games like black oops 2 and Assassin’s creed with medium graphic settings at 1920X1080 resolution.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10-12 K for new motherboard ,Processer and RAM. Another 10 -12K for a Graphic card, cabinet and PSU( I was planning on buying the graphic card and cabinet amd PSU later this year.)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yup

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windown 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB (already own a WD Caviar Blue 500GB)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Already have a Samsung S22B370 with support for 1920X1080 resolutions.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Would only like to buy a motherboard, processer and RAM right now.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: next month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have not but I think I would be able to assemble my PC.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Gurgaon. I can buy stuff from the internet.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

My current specs are:

Motherboard Jetway I31GM4-L-LF
Processor Intel core 2 duo E4500 Overclocked to 2.82
RAM Kingstone 2GB @800 Mhz ( kvr800d2n6/2g)
Cabinet Some local cabbie
PSU Zebronics Zeb 500w
GPU Nvidia GeForce 9600 GSO 512
Storage WD Caviar Blue 500GB

I can currently play most games on low setting on my rig and am now planning to upgrade the PC in phases. I would like to be able to play most of the games on my PC for the next year or so ( if that is a thing :-D)
I am open to suggestions on how I should go about the upgrade. Should I replace my PSU first as I have had very bad reviews about it and can I add new RAM and still use the RAM that I currently have ?
I would be great if someone can suggest me a place where I can sell my old stuff, which would be replaced.

Thanks In advance.

I would suggest the order of upgradation to be this:

PSU > CPU + motherboard + RAM > Graphic card > cabinet

CPU: i3 3220 (7000)
motherboard: Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4000)
Ram: G.Skill Sniper 4 GB 1600 MHz (1700)
GPU: MSI HD7770 (8000)
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma (2500)
PSU: Corsair cx430v2 (2600)

total: 25800

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I would suggest the order of upgradation to be this:

PSU > CPU + motherboard + RAM > Graphic card > cabinet

CPU: i3 3220 (7000)
motherboard: Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4000)
Ram: G.Skill Sniper 4 GB 1600 MHz (1700)
GPU: MSI HD7770 (8000)
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma (2500)
PSU: Corsair cx430v2 (2600)

total: 25800
+1

he can save 2.6k and use the old zebronics PSU and use zebronics case as budget is limited here and go for a better GPU.
use value ram

+1

he can save 2.6k and use the old zebronics PSU and use zebronics case as budget is limited here and go for a better GPU.
use value ram
Using a zebronics PSU is not at all recommended. If OP has to upgrade in steps, then it should be the psu which he should upgrade first.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Never use that old Zebronics PSU.Not recommended at all.

i3 3220 - Rs 7100
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H - Rs 4150
Corsair Value Select 4GB - Rs 1350
Asus GTX650Ti - Rs 10,300
Corsair CX430V2 - Rs 2550
Use you old Cabinet.

Total Rs 25,540

A GTX 650 Ti will give you way better gaming than an HD7770.
Since you are not going to overclock and i3 natively supports 1333 mhz frequency rams you are safe with Corsair value select RAM running at 1333mhz and hence save some money and add up to get a better GPU.

BhargavJ

In the zone
Why won't any Cabinet do? I have an iBall one, and it works.

@ Harshil, what kind of problems did you have because of the cabinet?

OP
A

adzzz

Right off the assembly line
Even i have read bad reviews for the Zebronics PSU and am thinking of changing this first.
And shouldn't i go for an AMD processor as they seem cheaper.
I was thinking about the FX 4100 CPU with some AM3+ motherboard

And on a side note whats an OP

Why won't any Cabinet do? I have an iBall one, and it works.

@ Harshil, what kind of problems did you have because of the cabinet?
From day 1 I'm struggling for cable management and proper cooling and air circulation. It;s like these stuff have become my Holy Grail! There is not enough space in these cabinet for proper cable management, to fit a big graohic card or to place additional fans. Trust me, if you are serious about their computer, never go for cheap cabinets.

Even i have read bad reviews for the Zebronics PSU and am thinking of changing this first.
And shouldn't i go for an AMD processor as they seem cheaper.
I was thinking about the FX 4100 CPU with some AM3+ motherboard

And on a side note whats an OP
FX 4100 is also good, but the performance difference between the two is not great. I would still suggest i3 3220. And OP means Original Poster, in this thread, it's you.

Top Bottom