Help me to setup W8968 urgently

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is what they call try to simultaneously ride 2 boats.you didn't continue with me on other thread & now here you are all confused about mac address.

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
this is what they call try to simultaneously ride 2 boats.you didn't continue with me on other thread & now here you are all confused about mac address.
I don't know how to swim, so i try to keep two boats with me and you didn't reply after putting those details of ms-dos also.
Anyways if u can help me from here tht wld b grt. Otherwise i'm thinking of returning the product. I'm done with the wifi.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you didn't replied to my posts so how can you expect me to help.i asked you the ipconfig results of both cases(when cable is directly connected to pc & when it is connected via w8968).you first posted only directly connected case result & after you posted the 2nd case result i asked you to use lan cable not wifi to connect to w8968 until you configure the connection but no reply from you.just for future reference it is the most basic thing to use lan cable & not wifi when configuring any wifi modem/router for the first time.

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
you didn't replied to my posts so how can you expect me to help.i asked you the ipconfig results of both cases(when cable is directly connected to pc & when it is connected via w8968).you first posted only directly connected case result & after you posted the 2nd case result i asked you to use lan cable not wifi to connect to w8968 until you configure the connection but no reply from you.just for future reference it is the most basic thing to use lan cable & not wifi when configuring any wifi modem/router for the first time.
I thought u concluded the conversation by saying tht " i should use the lan cable" instead of wifi.
Thts why i didn't reply anymore.
Anyways can u help me out from this mess?

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
use lan cable to connect w8968(connected to cable broadband) to pc & then post ipconfig result.

C:\Users\ANIMESH DAS>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ANIMESHDAS-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : USB to Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-13-00-F1-21
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3927:6d90:d165:93e1%21(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.43.94(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.192
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.43.65
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 172.17.43.65
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Home
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Con
nection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-02-C4-DD-94
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-D3-09-D5-98
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
ADDITION TO THIS, WHEN I'M TRYING TO INSTALL THE ROUTER WITH THE CD GIVEN IN THE BOX ITS SHOWING "NETWORK ADAPTER IS ENABLED" BUT "NETWORK STATUS CHECK FAILED". Anyways thanks for your help and sorry for the misunderstanding.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in w8968 when you use mac cloning did you used your pc mac address(00-E0-13-00-F1-21) & rebooted the w8968 after applying setting.if not then do this & after reboot you should see changed mac address in the settings.then use the software/website given by isp to connect to net.

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
when i'm doin the mac clone they are just making copy of the router mac address which is 00-13-02-C4-DD-94, nothing else. But i guess the isp has the old mac address (00-E0-13-00-F1-21) which is not getting replaced by the cloning and thats why the mismatch is happening.
i called my service provider but they refused to co-operate.

- - - Updated - - -

no problem :) i don't recommend using setup CD.does net work when w8968 is connected by lan wire & giving above values?

No Net is not working in tht condition.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Dude do 1 thing-
Call TP-Link Support!
He will Remote Desktop and set you up!
You have to arrange external connection like hotspot and communicate on phone!

If no solution comes out,they will send you an email and you can replace that router!
You will get a new one!

Top Bottom