Help me to pick a shaver

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Electric shaver or razor

Hi guys,

This forum and the awesome digitians have always helped me and I guess you guys will help me out here too. My skin is very sensitive and gets easily cut during shaving. I used razors so far though I did try one battery charged electric shaver years back which went faulty within weeks. Now I'm just thinking to buy a shaver. How many of you prefer shaver to a razor? Any pros and cons? Which brand would you prefer? In a quick survey on the net I found many prefer a razor so again i'm in a dilemma. Any suggestions or ideas?

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
well from what i have heard, electric shavers "pluck" the hair out, while electric trimmers just slice the strands off.
i prefer trimmers to shavers.
pros:no pain, easy to use, no foam/water required.
cons:large stubble length, doesnt give the fully shaved feel of razors.

but overall i would still say razors are the best. only i hate the effort and mess involved.

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
well from what i have heard, electric shavers "pluck" the hair out, while electric trimmers just slice the strands off.
i prefer trimmers to shavers.
pros:no pain, easy to use, no foam/water required.
cons:large stubble length, doesnt give the fully shaved feel of razors.

but overall i would still say razors are the best. only i hate the effort and mess involved.

Heyy "confused"..you answered with no confusions here.. ;-)
Yeah even I don't like the effort and mess.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
electric shavers do not "pluck" hair IMHO. I have been using Philips electric shaver for past three years and it has never given me a slightest cut (although I must say that when I use aftershave after that, I do feel as if it'd cut my skin).
Once I have used a chinese shaver that belong to my bro-in-law.It worked fine but made huge noise and later I came to know that it didn't last long.
Philips shavers are best as far as my opinion is concerned. They come as cheap as Rs. 900. :)

Now to let you remain in confusion, I would say that razors are the fastest way to shave your beard. With electric shavers I need to to have atleast 15 minutes, that too I need to use razors to have clear sideburns..

I bought a chinese shaver/trimmer (dual mode) operated by 2 AA batteries for Rs. 100.

Be careful of what you buy. This thing never gives a clean shave. But it does trim decently and gives me a constant stubble.

Top Bottom