help me to connect my 845GV to 29''tv without graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrohit

Broken In
hey... i have intel 845GV , 2.4Ghz ,384 MB RAM and i want to use my 29'' TV as output .i don't have a graphic card .can anyone suggest adaptors to use my TV inplace of my 17'' monitor?

theraven

Technomancer
well ull have to look in the market for a vga to s0video or vga to composite video converter
thats the only way
ask pradeep_chauhan ... hes done this i think

AlienTech

In the zone
Remember your TV can only display max 640x480 max resolution.. Many graphics cards have TV out. You cant really use the TV as a replacement as it is fuzzy with text. A VGA to TV adaptor costs as much a cheap graphics card.. IE unless you want a high end 3D card, its cheaper to get a low end 3D card like from ATI which will do the trick.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Just go to Bazee and see there are devices that convert VGA O/P to Composit Video. I have used a similar cable to set up 4 29" TV (with a amplifier) and a PC showing powerpoint at a resolution 1024x768 and it works without a glich. The cost of the cable was about 1000 an year back now it must be less.

AlienTech

In the zone
pradeep_chauhan said:
Just go to Bazee and see there are devices that convert VGA O/P to Composit Video. I have used a similar cable to set up 4 29" TV (with a amplifier) and a PC showing powerpoint at a resolution 1024x768 and it works without a glich. The cost of the cable was about 1000 an year back now it must be less.

Was the text readable? I have been trying to do this for the last 10 years and gave up a few years back because none of them had anything that could show readable text even at 800x600. I am surprised anything above 640x480 is so cheap since TV's have 500 lines and with 640 they are already loosing 140 or so lines of info.. At 1024 they have to basically compress it 2:1... I have tried all the usual stuff from matrox, ati, nvidia etc but those are real c-rap.

I forgot to mention that only some very expensive TV's have progressive scan displays, monitors are progressive scans while TV's are interlaced. To display a PC display on a TV the adapter has to take a screen shot and split it into 2 frames of odd and even scan lines and send them out. Monitors also display 1024x768 @ 75HZ or higher and 1280x1024@60hz or higher while TV's are 30HZ*2 frames... so there will also be flicker for fast moving objects.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The O/P is very much readable afterall its used for presentation, The TV used are the Sony wega series i am not quite sure of the tech specification of the TV what we hook up is that the PC VGA O/P is given to the device that gives us a composit vidio out this is feed to a modulator (ex cable TV stuff) and the resulting RF signal is amplified by an amplifier and distibuted using a RF splitter network to individual TV sets. We did see some vidio clips also they came out quite well ie no problem with motion too. [/u]

theraven

Technomancer
thet text might be readable .. specially at bigger font sizes
but in no way is it as clear as the monitor
speically the icon text ... just notice it
anyways since its used mostly for presentations as pradeep said .. the font is gonna be big enuff to read

AlienTech

In the zone
Under rs 5000.. amazing device...

Grand Hand View ( VGA TO TV ) or( PC to TV )

Compact size , 1280x1024 max resolution. Plug & Play

Grand Hand View is a handed-size universal VGA to TV converter box. It supports resolution up to 1280x1024* 60Hz. Compact size, Power from USB port, easy for carry. It is best for PC GAME, PC DVD, Internet viewing on TV, Entertainment, Education and Presentation.

Application
Entertainment - Play VCD and DVD movies on TV. Experience PC games on TV.
Presentations- Ideal for both classrooms and conference rooms
Documentation - Capture PC images on video tape.
Training - Easy software training via video tape.

Specification
Pure hardware design, just Plug & Display
No software driver requirement, compatible with any operation system
Support 640x480@60/72/75/85Hz, 800x600@60/72/75/85Hz, 1024x768@60/75/85Hz, 1280x1024@60Hz display mode.
Support Composite VIDEO output, S-VIDEO output.
Simultaneous display on VGA monitor and TV
Power from USB port
Supports IBM PC and MAC G4.
Supports one of the following system : NTSC(US/Taiwan), NTSC(JAPAN),PAL,PAL-M,PAL-N system.
Support overscan and underscan function.
Dimension : 110 x 56 x 36 ( mm )

Mode and Resolution Table
This converter supports the following VGA ( IBM PC) display modes:
Resolution 640 x 480 800 x 600 1024 x 768 1280x1024
Vertical Frequency(Hz) 60,72, 75,85 60,72,75,85 60,70,75,85 60

This converter supports the following MAC G4 display modes:
Resolution 640 x 480 832 x 624
Vertical Frequency(Hz) 66 75

System Requirement
Desktop or Laptop Computer with HD15 Pin VGA standard connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom