Help me to buy a graphics card and I don't want to buy anything else

N

Niranjan Krishnamoorthi

HI
I am studying animation,I need a very good graphics card that supports my system,Please suggest

Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU dual core 2140 @ 1.60GHz
It has a std vga graphics card which is useless

just 280 PSU :(
74 gb HDD :(
Lenovo mother board : model Unknown
PCIe 16x slot
2gb DDR2 RAM

I don't want to buy additional power supply.so pls suggest

Budget 6000-8000

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Jesus dude. You seriously need a new computer. Honestly. Because:-

1.) Your processor is way way to weak for the tasks you will need to do. I think its an E2140 you mean.
2.) 280 psu cannot provide the required power to pull a "very good" graphics card.
3.) 74 gb hard disk is very very low.
4.) Insufficient ram. 4gb is a bare minimum today. You need it more since you are studying animation.
I am sorry mate, but you need a new pc.
And the most powerful GPU you can get in that budget(that will also probably work with your psu) is either an HD 6670 or an HD 7750. But thats not worth it. I am not sure,but your processor is probably going to bottleneck even an HD 7750.

Convince your parents to invest in a decent rig if you want to get good job done. Your present rig is severely outdated.
Best of luck.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you are in very tight budget then do the following:-
Try to find a old Core 2 Duo 2 GHz+ processor like e7200 or e7300. They will be available around 2 to 2.5K
Get a generic 600 PSU from Intex/Frontech or Zebronix around 0.6K.
Now get a HD 6670 1GB GDDR5, available around 5.4K

Naxal

Little Kid
If you are in very tight budget then do the following:-
Try to find a old Core 2 Duo 2 GHz+ processor like e7200 or e7300. They will be available around 2 to 2.5K
Get a generic 600 PSU from Intex/Frontech or Zebronix around 0.6K.
Now get a HD 6670 1GB GDDR5, available around 5.4K

I second to this suggestion.

But i think another 2 GB is needed at-least.

Anyway be prepared for what Cilus have wrote, but since the PSU is lenovo branded, so take a chance, first buy the 6670 and start using it. But be prepared, if problem arises, then start to follow those rest of the steps.

1. PSU
2. Processor (it can be hold, wait till you find a better seocnd hand deal)

Off Topic

I have an E2140. Its such a gem for OC, clocks 3.6 / 3.8 GHz with Air Coolers !!

I love this processor since when I purchased it, it gave many double even triple the cost processor run for their money :p

Top Bottom