Help me select: Note 3 Neo or Note 2

sshaggy

Broken In
I'm planning to get a new Android device. With a budget of 25-27k, I am aiming for Note 2, or Note 3 Neo.

I already own Lumia 520 which suffices as my main phone, and is used for calling and other phone related stuffs. This one will be used as a secondary phone, mainly for multimedia purposes most of the time. (Carrying two phones simultaneously, including androids, for the last 4 years).

Looking to have this phone as a primary gaming device. Not wanting everything to run in full settings, but most games and emulator should play fine. I have a iPega 9025 gamepad, which I'll be using extensively with this phone. Camera is not my top priority, as I hardly takes photos. Performance, storage and battery life, that's all I care about.

The main reason for going for Note is the S-Pen stylus, which I think I'll definitely utilize for my work related stuff (I work in IT, and as a freelancer).

Price of both the products are almost same, and hovering at around 25k on ebay.

Both have almost identical specs, but I liked the Note 2 appearance better than Note 3 Neo. I hate the faux leather back. But, since Note 3 Neo is recently launched, it should be better compared to Note 2 in terms of features (New means better, generally, not sure!!)

Can anyone give me little insight on this? Which one should I go for?

Thanks

Last edited:
How about this ?? Clearly a better phablet than others
LG G PRO 2 4K Video Recording 5 9 Full HD Screen LG India Warranty VAT Paid BIL | eBay

Optimus G Pro ??
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG Optimus G Pro E985 - GSMArena.com

LG Optimus G PRO E980 AT T Factory Unlocked FOR GSM With Data 32GB Inbuilt | eBay
It has 4.4 update

kaz

right here
+1 to G Pro 2...I have seen it selling for 32k at many places....really no second choice :)

$hadow

Geek in making
Yeah launched at 45k and now it is selling at a price around 32k killer device at this point.

OP
sshaggy

sshaggy

Broken In
Well I have looked into G Pro 2. It is indeed a great device, but I don't think I'm the person who will like owning one. For me, 1080p has always been an overkill on mobile device, especially for battery life. Also, I'm a big fan of AMOLED display. Since I will not be using the device for extreme high end usage, but normal multimedia usage, I don't think wise to spend couple of extra thousand for a device that can do everything.

Anyways, I am 90% sure that I'm going for a Note 2 or Note 3 Neo. So, basically I'm asking for is which one of the two is better?

Thanks

SunE

Professional Newbie
Hey my personal experience with Samsung phones hasn't been all that great. They always seem to have some hardware issue or the software just becomes too laggy for day-to-day usage.

Since your primary use is gaming, the Snapdragon 800 with it's Adreno 320 GPU is a killer choice. 1080p on phones look awesome. 2k is actually overkill :p

Top Bottom