hELP me regarding Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinav

Journeyman
well..can u help me ..actully my windows system randomly restarts and after restarts it shows something like..recovery of one registry file using alternate copy and recovery was successful...it happens very frequently...i mean sometime it happens within half an hour

so what shud i do

i dont wana reformat the drive nor i do wanna reinstall my windows

digen

Youngling
Disable automatic restart first.

My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Startup & Recovery>Settings>Uncheck "Automatically restart" if its already been checked.

Also could you post a near exact error message or information you get while this error occurs.It would help for sure.

fanatic

Broken In
what is this automatic restart fntion in the "startup....

what is this automatic restart fntion in the "startup and recovery" for?

digen

Youngling
Code:
When you shut down your Windows XP-based computer, your computer may restart instead of shutting down, and you may see a blue screen for just a moment before the computer restarts. 

The behavior can occur if the following conditions exist: 

You have "automatically restart" selected. (Press WinKey-Break, or (Start/Run/Sysdm.cpl),  Advanced Tab, Start Up and Recovery/Settings/System Failure/Unmark "Automatically Restart"/Ok/Ok.

*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_restart.htm

digen

Youngling
I never said it would solve or was a solution to your problem.It was just the start to find out the exact error message or information regarding the registry problem you are facing.
Now the next time you face a critical error your system wont automatically restart if you followed my above post[this is true under majority of cases].This would inturn enable you to take notice of any BSOD,Stop Error Messages & write it down on a piece of paper & post about it here.

Perhaps I wasnt clear earlier but I hope I'm crystal clear now.

drsood123

Broken In
LOOK OUT IF U INSTALLED SOME SOFTWARE OR MADE SOME HARDWARE CHANGES AFTER WHICH THE MACHINE STARTED GIVING THE PROBLEM.UNINSTALL THAT SOFTWARE. PATCH UP UR COMP WITH LATEST UPDATES AND TRY INSTALLING THE LATEST VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE.THIS MIGHT SOLVE UR PROBLEM BUT SURE GET THE EXACT ERROR MESSAGE OR NEAR EXACT.DIGIT PEOPLE WILL SURE HELP U

crashuniverse

In the zone
I never said it would solve or was a solution to your problem.It was just the start to find out the exact error message or information regarding the registry problem you are facing.

adding error msgs really help u solve probs efficiently. read 1st thread in QnA "How to ask question?" for more stuffs like dis.

make use of a restore point created manually or automatically some time before, when u think ur comp was workin well. it shd solve ur problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom