Help me pls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
^LOL!everything uses GTK+,but GTK2+ is the current version and xdialog uses older gtk1.2 that's what I said :D

u can find a gtk1.2 app easily by seeing its interface,it will look like 1998's inteface! :D

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
Guys i'm kid just born in linux world.Things look totally new for me. If i express my doubts here, few of u r saying that trying linux is a mistake. Pls dont discourage me. I really like linux.2yrs back i tried it.It was so difficult.Thats why i said so !

praka123

left this forum longback
^so what are you waiting for?get urself Ubuntu Hardy install it .refer
*ubuntuguide.org
::peace::

F

FilledVoid

Guys i'm kid just born in linux world.Things look totally new for me. If i express my doubts here, few of u r saying that trying linux is a mistake. Pls dont discourage me. I really like linux.2yrs back i tried it.It was so difficult.Thats why i said so !

Everyone starts somewhere. No one is discouraging you in trying Linux. What everyone is trying to get through is don't assume Linux to be a Windows Clone. Theres hardly any difficulty using any one of the distros already mentioned here. Why don't you try out a certain distro and then ask the certain problems you have :).

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
done.... sorry to bother u all like this.... i will install ubuntu and come up with questions if i encounter any difficulty in installing as well as post installation....
thanks for ur quick and wonderful responses guys.... i hope i would become a part of this community soon..... take care... gtg.

Rahim

Married!
thanks God you made up your mind on a distro finally. Now just install the brown freind and start your queries. Best of Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom