Help me...On Linux Booting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i have recently installed mandriva 2008 from ISO Cd..

after i installed necessary updates thr. online, i restarted the system..

after successful booting, the system hangs when the progress bar have (before login screen) gone above 70%..
And also im not found any "failed" item in Verbose mode..

i dont know how to use Safemode to solve the problem..

plz help me..

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Last line is:

ALSA Driver (Version 1.0.16) is already running. Doing alsactl to [ok] mixer settings;

My Config
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200
A8N-VM-CSM (onboard SoundMax HD audio)
2GB RAM, 7600 GT, 19' TFT

F

FilledVoid

i have recently installed mandriva 2008 from ISO Cd..

after i installed necessary updates thr. online, i restarted the system..

From this I assume you were running the system fine once installed.

after successful booting, the system hangs when the progress bar have (before login screen) gone above 70%..
And also im not found any "failed" item in Verbose mode..
When you boot up doesn't the Menu which shows you to boot into Mandriva , Windows etc have an option for booting into safe mode or Fallback mode?
A8N-VM-CSM (onboard SoundMax HD audio)
A google about this board actually shows alot of folks ranting about it for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with the display driver I guess. Do you at least get a CLI? I forgot the shortcut but isnt there a shortcut which takes you to CLI? Like ctrl + Alt +1 or something. You might want to confirm with someone who is experienced in Mandriva also.

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
thankx for replies...

im using Asus motherboard from 3 years..i have installed most type of linux distro (Fedora, Mint, Open Suse, Ubuntu and lastly Mandriva) in no. of times.. i never faced like any compatibility and stability issues like this ....

i think. the problem may be at choosing repositaries...
now i simply reinstalled mandriva 2008 and it works fine with all updates..

Last edited:
OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hi Darkstar,,

i already stated that i have reinstalled mandriva 2008 and it took just only 30 minutes...
i think, this is only the easiest method to solve unknown problems in Linux (like for me as linux minnows)

anyhow much more thanks for your interesting....

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Listen reinstalling a OS won't help you learning it.. try to fix the problem.. :) That will help you learn the problem and you will slowly gain experience like parka :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom