Help me in upgrading pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
Hey friends ,a close friend of mine want to upgrade his pc ,the older one is a celeron 600 mhz with riva tnt2 . As the cabinet itself is not compatible so a New CPU is must needed ie buying from scratch ( i mean the cpu box,to the optical drive ) .Now the LOCAL assembler is a fake and is suggesting a core2duo 6300 with a cd writer/dvd combo .He is suggesting no graphics card and that what made my mind sour that he is a FAKE .

The budget is about RS 25k,his needs are Entertainment and Gaming( he doesn't own a tv as he is living in a hostel)( ie the game should run smoothly,he doesn't care about high end details ,but medium or low details are suffice )

Please suggest only cpu parts ( ie rest devices are not to be changed like monitor,speaker etc )

sakumar79

Technomancer
AMD X2 3800+ - 4200
ASUS M2N8-VMX - 3150
2x1GB DDR2-533 - 4500
160 GB Seagate SATA2 - 2600
Lite-On DVD Writer - 2000
Cabinet + 400 W SMPS - 1500 (approx)
GeForce 8600GT - 10000 (approx) - DX10 compatible
Logitech Keyboard - 220
Logitech Optical mouse - 330

Total: 28500

To fit the budget of 25k, you can choose a gfx card for 6.5 k such as Sparkle 8500 GT (which is also DX10 compatible, but not very great) or 7600GS based card.

Arun

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
AMD 3800+ is a really good option as it is cheaper compared to core2duo & the performance is almost similar. While buying if you still go for core2duo take care that you don't buy 1.8 Ghz processor. The dealer might tell you that it is similar to 1.83 Ghz, but actually it's not. Buy atleast 1.83 Ghz core2duo. Otherwise AMD is a very good option.
You might like this review

assasin

Banned
ayushman9 said:
.He is suggesting no graphics card and that what made my mind sour that he is a FAKE .

The budget is about RS 25k,his needs are Entertainment and Gaming( he doesn't own a tv as he is living in a hostel

what makes u think that the dealer is FAKE?
most dealers dont suggest gfx cards for standard config unless u specifically want them to.
also u cant get a decent enough C2D config for 25k,leave alone gfx card.
if u wanna buy C2D then increase ur budget or get a X2 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom