help me in buying a best flat tv....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
hi guys, my parents have finally decided to change the tv set finally after 16 long years.... can u believe it??? for 16 years....no problem with BPL.... thats great. believe it.

now i ask u people help in buying the best flat tv available in the market...
i will tell u my restrictions
1)budget is between 20k-30k/ rs
2)should have all the latest features available in the current tv set
3)should have great sound output
4)above all it should have a good warranty
5)25"-29" in size....
6)weight doesnt matter...
7)if i get a plasma tv in that range, its well & good.

it doesnt matter whether it belongs to a reputed company or not.... it must be good in all terms.. i give special consideration to picture quality & sound output.... rest all secondary to me....but must be present..

i heard that onida 29" poison with 2500pmpo is a very good set priced @19k.
can anyone suggest me is it good? or any better one & why....
its urgent guys, give me ur valuable suggestions..... be quick pls...... give me the website address also where i can compare the features of different available flat tv sets....

shantanu

Technomancer
GO for onida.. or SONY ONIDA: beat in features AND PRICING BUT SONY IS THE LEADER BUT EXPENSIVE..

both have good sound features YUPS ONIDA POISON is having 2500 PMPO

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
shantanu_webmaster said:
GO for onida.. or SONY ONIDA: beat in features AND PRICING BUT SONY IS THE LEADER BUT EXPENSIVE..

both have good sound features YUPS ONIDA POISON is having 2500 PMPO

which has the best picture quality among sony and onida???

what about other models like akai, heir, sansui etc etc... which are cheap also and they have quite good features... what do u say???

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
We bought a Samsung 29" model two months back.
It has got stylish looks and features more than a Sony equivalent. The picture quality is good too.
Have a look at it here: *www.samsung.com/in/products/tv/flattv/29inches/cs_29k44ml.asp

But the downside is it does not have a Subwoofer. It costs around Rs. 17700.
You can also get a similar model with subwoofers too.

I suggest that you should go for separate Subwoofers.:smile:

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
Lucky_star said:
We bought a Samsung 29" model two months back.
It has got stylish looks and features more than a Sony equivalent. The picture quality is good too.
Have a look at it here: *www.samsung.com/in/products/tv/flattv/29inches/cs_29k44ml.asp

But the downside is it does not have a Subwoofer. It costs around Rs. 17700.
You can also get a similar model with subwoofers too.

I suggest that you should go for separate Subwoofers.:smile:
just because it has got DNie technology, it looks good. but in terms of sound its far behind onida....
i dont think sony fairs well in picture quality than onida. because, onida too has a good technology called DVMC which gives corner to corner clarity & also it has got KY thunder series with best sound output with sub woofer at affordable price.

i think i will go for onida ky thunder series 29" poison... i will let u know if any down points are there in that once i buy them.

thanks for ur efforts guys....i really appreciate it. thank you one and all for helping me...

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
nishant_nms said:
How did u ever thought of getting a plasma in that range

sorry.. i didnt ask for a plasma tv in that range, if i am not wrongly said. am i?
i asked for a flat tv buddy.... just a flat tv... neither plasma nor lcd...???
i know which costs a hell compared to normal tv's.....

is that what ur doubt is???

Go for the Sony WEGA series... its the best!!!! I wouldnt suggest Onida coz it has poor life span...... n cant say bout the after sales service.... coz i had 1 and sold it after 6 months!!!!! Ofcourse it would be a cheaper option. Going for LG or Samsung is a better idea than Onida.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
mayneu said:
just because it has got DNie technology, it looks good. but in terms of sound its far behind onida....
i dont think sony fairs well in picture quality than onida. because, onida too has a good technology called DVMC which gives corner to corner clarity & also it has got KY thunder series with best sound output with sub woofer at affordable price.

i think i will go for onida ky thunder series 29" poison... i will let u know if any down points are there in that once i buy them.

thanks for ur efforts guys....i really appreciate it. thank you one and all for helping me...
What DNIe stands for in Samsung, its DVMC for Onida- Function is same- corner to corner clarity. And as I said it would be better to go for buying Subwoofers separate, as you can get a surround sound effect with the two or four satelite speakers.

Last edited:
OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
hell_storm2004 said:
Go for the Sony WEGA series... its the best!!!! I wouldnt suggest Onida coz it has poor life span...... n cant say bout the after sales service.... coz i had 1 and sold it after 6 months!!!!! Ofcourse it would be a cheaper option. Going for LG or Samsung is a better idea than Onida.

it costs almost double the price for a same size for sony compared to onida.. but they too give a warranty right??? onida & sony have the same warranty period.

what problem u had with onida ? pls let me know it first. so that i can decide which one to buy.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Onida products are said to have short life spans. Go for LG. It has the greatest features like s video, SRS,BBE, nd screen is also gud.
if u have 45k to spend u can get an awesome LG LCD HDTV.It has DVI,Svideo, nd DVD component. It has awesome clarity but sound is weak. Its too gud for the price, nd its a widescreen one.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Philips Pixel Plus if you want CRTs... Just go to any shop and compare the pixel plus with any other TV and u'll be in for a rude shock. Just makes everything else look terrible. Also don't fall for these 2500W and 5000W PMPO garbage. Those speakers on the TVs are not even capable of real 5W let alone 2500W.

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
Lucky_star said:
What DNIe stands for in Samsung, its DVMC for Onida- Function is same- corner to corner clarity. And as I said it would be better to go for buying Subwoofers separate, as you can get a suuround sound effect with the two or four satelite speakers.
can i ask u one question??? why r u so particular about samsung?
any great feature in samsung, which other models are lacking???
give me a strong positive point for samsung, which beats all other models, i will definitely choose samsung. i dont have any hard feelings for any other models other than onida, but i need a good reason for it.
all this because i dont want to make a mistake as no one is going to change a tv set so frequently....
tell me why samsung only pls.... buying a subwoofer also cost me extra money right???

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^
I am not Sticking to Samsung. I too had similar choices to go for when we bought it two months back.Sony was good, but I didn't like its looks then. LG models are fine too and the subwoofer one is in par with an ONIDA equivalent.
But one thing I noticed with an Onida set in my neigbourhood, is that it tends to loose its sound quality over age- it doesn't have a 2500 watt subwoofer.

And regarding the subwoofers, you can figure out that the Subwoofers in most new models is just external; i.e, its fitted to the top of it, which can be removed easily(I don't know about ONIDA). When you consider a model with the subwoofer and a model without it, the price difference comes to be around Rs. 3000-5000. Now at that price I would prefer to opt for separate subwoofer set like an Altec Lansing or Creative, as the Sound quality would be much better.

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
Lucky_star said:
^^
I am not Sticking to Samsung. I too had similar choices to go for when we bought it two months back.Sony was good, but I didn't like its looks then. LG models are fine too and the subwoofer one is in par with an ONIDA equivalent.
But one thing I noticed with an Onida set in my neigbourhood, is that it tends to loose its sound quality over age- it doesn't have a 2500 watt subwoofer.

And regarding the subwoofers, you can figure out that the Subwoofers in most new models is just external; i.e, its fitted to the top of it, which can be removed easily(I don't know about ONIDA). When you consider a model with the subwoofer and a model without it, the price difference comes to be around Rs. 3000-5000. Now at that price I would prefer to opt for separate subwoofer set like an Altec Lansing or Creative, as the Sound quality would be much better.
thanks brother.... i agree with u. so u want me to go for LG or Samsung now right? can i get a subwoofer separately for tv set??? if yes which model would be best tell me pls. i depend on u only. tell me which tv set with which subwoofer would u recommend?
give me the price details also and its features. should be different from rest. i hope u understand what i mean.
any model it doesnt matter, but give me a combination of tv set and subwoofer model with its best feature, which should be lacking in other models, so u r ought to choose it... like that.... i appreciate ur hard work in helping me to buy a best tv set..... thanks in advance brother...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I saw the Onida model today. Its pretty good too, as well as the sound quality rocks.

If u r going for a subwoofer one, this is good.
Or else if u want to go for separate woofers then the Sony, Samsung or LG is better. I also saw a Philips Model whch had a better picture quality.
As for the subwoofers you can check out the ATP3 model(2.1 set) from Altec Lansing. It has got a decent sound quality. :smile:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Get one with 3.5mm audio jack as connecting the seperate speakers through this 3.5mm jack will let u controll the volume level from ur TV remote itself. If u use the rear audio out to coonect to TV then the volume controll is fully on the speakers, else get a gud speker at 10k+ with an IR remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom