help me debugging the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

I have a old pc p4 1.4 Ghz, with 128 MB RDram, 850 chipset, Asus motherboard. I assembled the whle thing in another cabinet and got my newly purchased things in another and am using the new one now. I had the old one checked after assembling and found it worked well. But after long time now, i was abt to sell it and when i checked it dint even give a display. what oculd be the problem? the fan only runs. the monitor doesnt turn on. the lights in the keyboard flashes on and off once and then no reply. there is no beep sound from the system at all :( i also reset the cmos (shorted it) hoping its coz of the draining of battery. what could be the cause? should i check with another SMPS?? pls help me.

/cedance

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Does it have on board or additional graphics card check that the card is firmly inserted. Apart from this have you connected the small 12v connector from the smps to the mobo ? did you remove ram or something which is the mobo model no?

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
hi,

when removing the RAM also, there is no beep.... it seems to be that the system is not getting on itself. and, i have 16 MB nvidia external graphics card. i ll try fixing it properly incase it isnt. will post the comments then. thanks for the suggestions.

and, reg the change of monitor, the monitor that dint work with that system is wat i am using now, so guess there is no probelm coz of the monitor. must b wth smps or graphics card. :( tring to sort out still.

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom